1UZ, 2UZ & 3UZ engine block

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
After hearing from Paul from Aeropc having his 2uzfe block cracked. I was little concern so I took a trip to my engine builder and we noticed the 2uzfe main have minimum support. Where the main caps attach have hole/s in both 2uzfe and 3uzfe. The 2uzfe have two holes at 10 O'clock and 2 O'clock. The holes are about 1" in diameter. However the 3uzfe block only have one hole in the center (12 O'clock). However, the 1uzfe (at least pre 1990) have solid main support.

From the perspective of the aluminum block, the 1uzfe is way superior then the 3uzfe. However, I am not sure about the iron block vs the 1uzfe. I think the 2uzfe would be alot stronger with an engine girdle to distritbute the stress to all mains instead of just one. We are working very carefully to produce an engine girdle for the 2UZ.

I will have pictures for thoes blocks.

you could always make an engine girdle for the 1UZ, it might not have the raw strength of the 2UZ, but it will still be very strong and light.

=Engine Girdle=

Yes - those 'holes' are cast in 'Windows' as it is termed - a weight
consideration the Drafting Fathers built into the Design.....

But..With the hell you Toyota HP freaks put these 'stock block' things thru - I'm surprised
grenading isn't a common occurrence - it sure as hell is with AMC.

Toyota doesn't seem to 'scrimp' on the quality of Metals they use -
these must be very high Nickle content blocks - 'special metal' -
which is mostly how I account for a 2 bolt main engine taking huge
Boost levels and brushing it off without incident 99.99% of the time.

Now will you take a look at THIS 'maniacisim' :

Engine: Toyota Quad Cam V8. 282 cubes.
Horsepower: 1200hp +
Maximum RPM: 10,000.
Fuel: Methanol.
Injection: Enderle mechanical injection. 110 Pump, Hat, Dribbler and Port Nozzles.
Compression: 9.5
Supercharger: "B" Series PSI Screw Blower
Block: Toyota 2UZFE steel block, fully grouted, O-ringed, Lextreme designed 4-bolt main conversion by AERO.
Crank: Lexus 1UZFE, polished, offset ground.
Pistons CP Custom blown alcohol
Bearings: Toyota mains, Clevite SBC rod.
Rods: GRP SBC 5.7" small journal ally
Heads: 1UZFE Lexus, O-ringed, 100lb Crow springs, AERO under-bucket shim conversion, standard valves.
Head Gaskets: Ridgecrest solid copper
Cams; 4 Crow blown alcohol special grind. Manifold Cast bottom, billet spacer and top plate by AERO
Ignition: Mallory Supermag IV
Spark Plug Leads: 11mm solid core
Spark Plugs: NGK
Exhaust Headers: AERO zoomies
Hoses & Fittings: Aeroquip.
Component Coatings: TBA.
Oil Pan: Bravo Resources 6100 ally, AERO modifications and fittings. Nappy.
Oil Pump:peterson external pump. RDC pump drive.
Lubricants: Penrite
Oil Filter: System 1 remote filter.
Bell Housing: Lexus

No doubt the block was 'stress relieved' during it's Prep Work Up - so it may be a metallurgical grain 'event' for that particular block.. but at those same power levels, you're encountering the same 'Events' the 354 - 392 Chrysler 'HEMI' camp went thru - which led to Milodon Engineering, Keith Black, Ed Pink and others crafting up 'Special' blocks for 'Top Fuel' 'HEMI' rail dragsters -

That an originally 2 bolt main production engine could even begin to withstand this particular style 'Build' and application
speaks volumes as the the Quality of the UZ FE engine Family.

Knowing this 'Threshold' - a measly 575HP street 'Uzzie' should 'Live Forever' !

:werd: