1991/1992 SC400 alternator plug

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Mat Grant

Hi all,

I'm missing the plug that goes on the back of the alternator on my 1992 SC400 sourced 1uz. Does anyone know what the plug should look like? Or where I can get one?

Does it come from the engine loom or wiring on the car body? I can provide a photo of my alterantor if needed.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers, Mat.

Its normally on the body loom. Runs up to a junction box. Should be a round one like many other toyotas like surf, corolla, corona, camry, of a similar age. Dont know about the UK but in NZ we can get brand new ones. I keep a round and a retanglar adaptor in stock. (What sort of sicko would have a photo of the alternator plug on their PC?......... Opps its me) If its not round then it will be a rectanglar shape and shared by other later toyotas. Hope this helps. Cheers

Attachments

• work aug 2011 052.jpg
    work aug 2011 052.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 19
  • work aug 2011 053.jpg
    work aug 2011 053.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 10
  • work aug 2011 054.jpg
    work aug 2011 054.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 13
Hi,

Thanks mr Gloverman - that's really useful. Mine is definitely the round connector with three blades on the alternator, one perpendicular to the other two.

Do you happen to know a part number for this? Or what I should ask for at the Toyota parts shop? Normally anything I ask for on ths 1UZ they say "what's the chassis number" to which I say "dunno, I only bought the engine".....

Cheers, Mat.