Seller Feedback Seaway

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
A

AmmoJammo

seaway said my car was on a truck on its way here... its not, its still sitting at the place that did the AC stuff...

seaway said to do the AC, so the place did, they degassed, modded, and regassed... which they weren't supposed to be doing, but seaway didnt' tell them...
now seaway are asking me to pay the extra $187 for the extra work that was done... tehy didn't even bother phoning me to say what had happened, they just sent an email, asking for the extra money...

so, I sent an email yesterday asking what happens if I dont want to pay for the extra work that wasn't supposed to be done... he hasn't even replied to me, he replied to my nosey mother who can't mind her own business, and emailed him aswell...

so, I sent another email tonight, asking what kind of a dodgy business they were running, and blah blah blah.. anyway, my car is still sitting in brisbane, when they said I may have it by the end of the week... which is NOT going to be happening

so, I'm refusing to pay the $187... the AC place said they COULD degass, the AC again, and remove the stuff they added, but they shouldn't have to, as its seaways fault...

seaway said something like "WE are only charging you $187 for the work which was done, however it would normally cost about $500" whats the WE about!?!?!? $187 is the price on the invoice!!!

I gave authorisation to degass the ac... nothing more...

they didn't even say sorry for the mixup, it was just an email, asking for money basically

but my mum stuck her (I'm not allowed to use swear words, cos kiddies might be reading, and we would want them to read what they probbaly hear every day at school) nose in, and emailed the guy, who knows what she said!?!?! but, he gave her the bank details so I could pay the money!!! WTF is she doing!!!

"The De-Gas for your Celsior is complete, and the car has been delivered to Toll’s Yard in Brisbane." thats a LIE!!! its sitting at the air conditioner place!!!

"The Technician who worked on your car ended up ‘re-gassing’ your Air-Conditioner, meaning it is now fully functional. While this wasn’t what we had originally requested, it is a service that usually costs around $500. We have only charged an additional $170.00 + GST for this, which means that you have saved yourself a good couple of hundred."

I'm refusing to pay... but now I know the car hasn't even left brisbane, I dont think they'll be sending it till I pay the money, now that I've refused to!!! :S

I wonder if they will bother to reply to the email I sent them yesterday...

hah!! doubt it!!

Peewee said:
$187 is a normal price for a degas/service/regas.

Just pay it and get your car ASAP.
well, thats the point, the latest email from the guy at seaway was trying to tell me that it normally costs $500 - $1000 :wtf:

I offered to pay for half their mistake... $95... guess we'll see what he has to say about that...

not once has he actually appologised for the mixup... the guy that did the AC has appologised, even though it wasnt his fault...

Peewee said:
$187 is a normal price for a degas/service/regas.

Just pay it and get your car ASAP.
oh, sorry, it was $131 for the degas, then $187 for the mods to accept the new gas (drier valves and rings?) and then also the regas...

anyway, I'm supposed to be calling Natalie this morning? third person from the company I've had to deal with (nowonder my car isn't here yet!!!) and, my mobile phone doesn't allow me to dial interstate numbers for some reason... HAHAHA!!!
owned.gif

wellm they wont accept my offer, are now completely blaming the place that did the work, are refusing to send me my car, and have apparently reported me to customs, so I'll pretty much never be able to import a car again, as it was apparently MY fault that the AC was not degassed in Japan, as it should have been done...

RIGHT!!!

for $187 is it really worth the headache?

pay the bloody money for the car already then report them to the ACCC and watch how fast your cash is refunded.

what is $187 compared to the $14,000 odd you've just paid? what's that, like 0.013357% of the overall purchase price?

stop sweating the petty stuff dude!!!

Pro said:
for $187 is it really worth the headache?

pay the bloody money for the car already then report them to the ACCC and watch how fast your cash is refunded.

what is $187 compared to the $14,000 odd you've just paid? what's that, like 0.013357% of the overall purchase price?

stop sweating the petty stuff dude!!!
that was the womans comment I spoke to... so, I suggested that if its such a little amount of money, why doesn't she pay it... she didn't like that idea much...

anyway, my boss at work is friends with a guy that works for a current affairs kinda program :p I'm sure a letter from them should stir them up abit...

the woman I spoke to today, I ended up hanging up on her.. haha, apparently it was my fault that teh AC wasn't degassed when teh car was in Japan? ahh... lol, YEAH!!! sure thing!!!

oh yeah, originally they were trying to tell me that teh work that was done would normally cost $500, then it changed to $500 - $1000 and NOW!!! its upto $1800!!! HAHAHA!!

Peewee said:
Oh, and they have gas now that meets the current Australian standards, and is compatible with the old systems.

So there is no need to change over parts.
all that was done, was drier valves, and rings? whatever they are...

as for the $132 to degass, well, the gas that was in there wasn't legal, so, I assume to actually degass it legally, they then had to dispose of the gas in a legal way, and stuff! :p

anyway, last night, I just realised something... everyone at work is on my side, but is saying "who's got your car though?" BUT!!! seaway is in Melbourne... my car, is in BRISBANE!!! they dont have it either!!! hahaha!!!

my car has now been moved to Adelaide, it was supposed to arrive here yesterday (wednesday), so I emailed them on tuesday asking them to confirm on wednesday that the car had arrived. As I am available to pick the car up this afternoon (thursday)

well, they replied to me on wednesday, letting me know that they'd contact the transport company tomorrow (today, thursday) to confirm that the car was there...

well, that helps, seeing not once has the guy bothered to contact me by phone, he always sends emails, I am unable to check my email from work, and I was going to leave work early to pick the car up, but now I have no idea whats going on... again...

Peewee said:
How'd you go with the aircon charges?
shrug.gif

I didn't pay anything, and I'm picking the car up this arvo... they didn't mention it again, so, it'll be interesting to see what I get when I pick the car up...

well, I have an update on the ac....

right now, half an hour before I was going to leave to pic up the car, I get a phone call...

it would seem that (according to seaway) j-spec (my "agent") never actually got in contact with them reguarding the AC regassing (as they said they were going to), and nor did they ever agree to pay half (as j-spec had told me they had).

Either way, I was told the car was ready to be picked up today, and a few hours before I was going to leave, Brendan Wallis called me, and told me that the car wasn't going to be released untill the work was paid for.

so, I have now given him my credit card details, and will now be contacting Today Tonight, as they may be rather interested in the story, and the BS I have been put through.

I wouldn't be suprised if the **** head didn't even bother to get back to me today to confirm that the credit card transaction has cleared...

I've already paid for temporary rego, so, if picking up the car falls through, I will be seeking reimbursement for this. not to mention that I'd like atleast $95 back for the ac work that was done, that wasnt supposed to be done.

well, I ended up getting my car...

end of story I guess, and last time I deal with the jerks at seaway :)

just an update.

when I picked up the car, the AC never even worked.

its now at a mechanic getting looked at...

bloody waste of money.

anyway!!!!

I chose to deal with seaway again, with another imported car (stupid mistake)

just today, I have recieved TWO invoices for the same car!!! BUT!!! they're both for different amounts!!! HAHAH!!!