Oil viscosity

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

co_ree

Hey there

I've got a 1995 Toyota Celsior. 1 uzfe engine. Going to change my oil this weekend, but can't track down a service manual. Just wondering what grade oil is everyone with a the 1uzfe engine running?

Cheers

As I mainly work on conversions I use 15W50 Elf Competition GT oil. Especially since these motors are now getting onto 20 years old. Works really well and we dont have oil problems and I like the extra protection. If I was working on a stock vehicle I would happily use 10W40 but I would be reluctant in our conditions to use 5W30. Cheers

oils ain't oils...

Hmm.. now that you mention it, my motor has just ticked over 200k so I guess i should bump my oil weight up.... 10-40...
Thanks for jogging thoughts.......

Today I just jumped to a 10w40 diesel oil instead of conventioal. I have 201,000 on my ODO so i figured I could use the extra protection. I also have all 3 of my cats deleted so I dont have to worry about the high zinc content melting the cats. As we know, diesels have to deal with much higher pressures and temps so on a high mileage boosted engine, it just makes sense. I might lose a few hp but who cares.

Today I just jumped to a 10w40 diesel oil instead of conventioal. I have 201,000 on my ODO so i figured I could use the extra protection. I also have all 3 of my cats deleted so I dont have to worry about the high zinc content melting the cats. As we know, diesels have to deal with much higher pressures and temps so on a high mileage boosted engine, it just makes sense. I might lose a few hp but who cares.

Just been searching old threads on oil weights and come across this post.
I also have a high mileage forced induction engine, as this post is 5 years old I would be very interested to hear what others think.

5w30 is the standard weight. About 5.5 quarts/change.

Hey Mr spf_lexus..... could you be so kind as to give me a quick run down/explanation of the suspension components and what they do on this car of yours ?... They all sound very impressive but i have no idea what some/most of them do...

I just had a look at a couple of your old posts, and was surprised to see you are in Thailand and your 1uz is in a boat. Awesome stuff, makes life interesting.

sort of OT, but since its Sunday . . . ;

yes, quite a lot of fun actually

some years ago many guys with boats similar to mine used 1UZ,
1UZs are powerful as well as plentiful and very cheap in Thailand,
but all of them except 1 guy (he runs on gas) have now changed to much more costly and much less powerful diesel engines
the reason;
they couldn't stand all the electrical problems, with ECU, loom and
sensors and cables all over the place
they also shy away from modern common rail diesels,
the less cables the better

the rainy season (June-November) can sport some incredible rainfalls
combined with very strong winds, a killer for electronics in a virtually open boat

Last edited:
the rainy season (June-November) can sport some incredible rainfalls
combined with very strong winds,
That's crazy, I am not that far from you and (June-November) is our dry season. Our wet season is (November-April). No motorsports here until a test and tune day on the 2nd of April, if it does not rain.

I would not use anything under 10w-30 unless I lived in Alaska. At operating temp it has the viscosity of water, and a base oil of 5 is less.