I'm out

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

-Nemesis-

Yep, the time has come. My 1UZ has finally decided to give up the ghost.

I had been thinking about moving up to something bigger and more comfortable (not to mention safe) than the old 4runner for a while, with our growing family. This is just a sign I think to take the step.

I will sorely miss the 4Runner, though a mate of mine is hopefully buying it (less supercharger.)

I am purchasing a big 105 series Landcruiser. I looked at the 2UZ versions, but they only come with IFS suspension. I want the real mcoy, live axles both ends.

So, project Nemesis 3 begins (Nem 1 was my original white runner I rolled off road). I'm staying Toyota!

My plan is a turbocharged (A2W IC) 1FZ-FE cruiser, in fact I've already found one that's been converted with low km's and running a very safe 6psi tune, save me a heap of coin and time. The 1FZ-FE is the big 4.5L straight 6, twin cam 24 valve. The one they use in all the insane Saudi drag trucks!

Watch this space for pics. Sorry it's not a V8 anymore!

My 1uz really is a tribute to the durability of these engines.

It has been through 2 different 4runners, overheated severely at least half a dozen times (like when I first converted the runner and only trusted the factory temp gauge, towed a loaded box trailer home for 9 hours with it running "hot." Turns out hot on that gauge is about 120-130deg C!!!!) It was rolled over in an offroad incident, has been covered in mud a few dozen times. And now has been running 10psi for 18 months on a rough street tune and has only just started to give out!

Legendary engines!

I will build a project car one day with a 1UZ, funds permitting...

How does a 1uz give up the ghost? I though only the transmissions give up the ghost.

These 1uz..motors are bullet proof? Please do tell what happen.. Don't say it's a timing belt either...:cool:

It's not a huge failure, it still runs quiet well actually, all bar the oil smell and smoke coming from the bonnet when your stopped.

It's just letting a lot of combustion through at least one cylinder. Enough to pump oil and smoke out the crankcase vents and dipstick tube! Haven't bothered checking compression because I know it's rooted.

Yeah these engines are insanely strong from what I've read over the years. I have a spare engine minus accessories that I got cheap but I'm not sure I'll ever need it! Glad to hear your ready for a new project. I know your itchin for something bigger better! Hope you continue to share the details of the new beast as well. :)