1UZ Emissions (argh, rego want tests)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

MWP

Hi all,

I just got my DOT (department of transport) approval for the 1UZ into RA28 conversion.

One of the requirements to have the car approved is:
"That the exhaust system emits not more than 2.5% carbon monoxide and 250 parts per million of hydrocarbons at engine idle speed".

Has anyone had an un-modified LS400 1UZ tested recently and have the results?
Anyone know the engines original emissions specs?

Im a little worried about this... :(

Thanks.

I can't quote you the figures but rest assured the UZ beats that figure easily.

You won't have aproblem as long as it is in good condition with a new air filter and good ignition.

You won't have aproblem as long as it is in good condition with a new air filter and good ignition.
With cats on exhaust...
I'm doing the same conversion .. But race only...Tubs, cage and Powerglide..

Thats very reassuring to hear, thanks.
Ive never seen other cars emissions numbers, or known what good or bad levels are, so i didnt know if those numbers would be tough targets to meet or not.

I'm doing the same conversion .. But race only...Tubs, cage and Powerglide..

Awesome... how far along with it are you?

Thats very reassuring to hear, thanks.
Ive never seen other cars emissions numbers, or known what good or bad levels are, so i didnt know if those numbers would be tough targets to meet or not.

Awesome... how far along with it are you?
Back half 3/4 done, ready to fit shocks springs and pick up points inside tubbs.. Then cage.. Just paid out on auto, injectors, Rods & pistons. Engine short block I have just picked up..Argo rods and C.P 8.8 pistons..
The powerglide is ex US so it has intergated bellhousing.
May fit latter model front suspension which has rack and pinion for better engine fit, steering..At pressent I have shortened B/warner 28 spline mini spool strengthened axle.. To keep weight down.. The dash etc has been pulled out.. Sheesh those 18 RC/G engines are blooody heavy !!!
Took me two weeks to remove sound deadening!! Top job 100*f heat!!.
Yet to get ECU and turbo...But most the expensive parts have been bought...

Hi all,

I just got my DOT (department of transport) approval for the 1UZ into RA28 conversion.

One of the requirements to have the car approved is:
"That the exhaust system emits not more than 2.5% carbon monoxide and 250 parts per million of hydrocarbons at engine idle speed".

Has anyone had an un-modified LS400 1UZ tested recently and have the results?
Anyone know the engines original emissions specs?

Im a little worried about this... :(

Thanks.

Thanks for the info as I also have to go through Regency Park.
Were you going vvti if so which ecu are you using as its hard to buy a engine and looms with everything needed to get the factory ecu to work which I thought I would have to do to get passed.

If thats all they want as a test it should be ok to pass an aftermarket ecu with a tune to suit.

It would still be good to know the factory emission specs are.

Were you going vvti if so which ecu are you using as its hard to buy a engine and looms with everything needed to get the factory ecu to work which I thought I would have to do to get passed.\

Im going to use the latter high-compression non-vvti engine from a LS400 (if i can find one).

Did you know that Adelaide Jap have a 1UZ VVTI halfcut for cheap?
Im not going VVTI because of the issues with the encoded keys.

The sticker under the bonnet of mine said HC 100ppm and CO 0.1%
Queensland Transport pulled up my missus a few years ago and checked the emissions on the 1985 XF she was driving at the time. The emission guidelines for pre 86 no cat converter cars was . Good, under 2.5% CO and under 250ppm for HC . For 86 on with converter it was under 1% CO and under 150ppm for HC. I had a tin catalyst fitted at the time and the test was .2% CO and 73PPM HC