Search results

1. S

Fastest Supra at 7.91...

John at IPT knows his A/T's. I would send my parts to IPT 1000 times before level 10. Level ten has been busted in the past doing OEM rebuilds and saying they're a high performance build in the A/T dsm world.
  2. S

Who knows Mitsubishi Turbo's?

What do you need to know? I have owned 4 turbo DSM's with everything from 14b's, evo III 16g, t-25, t-28, ect.
  3. S

How-to: Washing & Waxing your car the right way

Step 2: Polishing, Waxing, And Protecting Assuming that you're coming with a freshly cleaned car from step 1, we'll proceed to step 2 where we will take care of the cars paint. Here's a point where you will have to decide how much effort and time you want to put into your cars finish. You can...
  4. S

How-to: Washing & Waxing your car the right way

In my quest to write down & share some of the car stuff locked in my brain, I'll be posting this up on the forums as well as keeping a back up copy on our website at http://sites.google.com/a/stanleydis...care-detailing I will be adding these to my master list of auto related articles. Think...
  5. S

Audi V10 na dyno, engine going into Ultima GTR

Never seen audi/vw coils with red on the stock. Looks like maybe high performance aftermarket coils? I know a company makes them for vw, can't think of the name. Something like plasma coil? Audi loves COP, so they are probably a cop motor stock.
  6. S

LS470

When ever I do fiberglass to an interior like that, I put down a layer of tape (green tape works best because it sticks to stuff I could not get blue tape to stick to), a layer of aluminum foil, then wax it at least 2x. Might want to cover a little more of the dash, ect. You would be surprised...
  7. S

Cartech FMU problem

Ditch the FMU and get real fuel control. Replace the FMU with a good 1:1 rising rate regulator. Sounds like the diaphragm inside the FMU may be torn.
  8. S

Early 1uzfe heads onto 97 1uzfe block?

Ok so the local junkyard has a early ls400 (has the smaller front calipers so that's 94 or older right?) I'm thinking I may take the heads off of it to work on getting ported as my spare set so I don't have to take the car of the road while they're being worked on. Probably get port work done...
  9. S

Parts S&S Headers ceramic coated 2000 degee black satin.

Up for sale is this set of S&S headers for the 1uzfe. They are the same set Scott was selling awhile ago. I bought them intending to put them on my car but decided to go a different direction (1jz or 2jz) with the car making the V8 headers useless. They are in very good condition with about...
  10. S

Anyone thought of ITB's with 89-94 Maxima Dual TB's?

I know that the ITB is the hotness for NA apps, has anyone done a ITB setup in a forced induction car? You could just have all of the itb's sticking straight up, then make a manifold that attaches to all of them. Is there no point beacuse the you don't need the extra flow on a FI motor?
  11. S

1UZ - W58 Adaptor plate Teaser Pic.

Just thinking that this may be worth it's weight in gold if it wakes up the lazy to rev 1uzfe into more of a top end screamer.
  12. S

1UZ - W58 Adaptor plate Teaser Pic.

How much will the flywheel weigh? You can count me in for one, I would just buy a preorder one now but I'm broke for the time being.
  13. S

504 HP 08 Tundra

http://www.trucktrend.com/roadtests/pickup/163_0811_2008_toyota_tundra_trd_supercharged_test/index.html Just wish that these motors could be rebuilt. :crazy:
  14. S

Do the Lexus LS 400 calipers fit under 16" wheels?

Car currently has DOT 4 fluid, stainless lines in back, good ceramic pads out back, rear calipers were rebuilt with OEM Toyota parts. Just been waiting to order in some new rotor's and she'll be set for the back. I'll be upgrading the fronts as money allows.
  15. S

Do the Lexus LS 400 calipers fit under 16" wheels?

I ended up getting a 16x7" OZ wheel called the chrono. It barely clears the stock SC caliper (I mean only a couple of mm of clearance). I don't think any 16" clears LS calipers (besides the ugly stock LS wheel). According to the tire rack, RPF-01's won't clear the stock SC caliper in 16"
  16. S

Stock 2uz 185rwkw 6psi... is that in the ballpark?

For sure, use Aquamist nozzles. If you can swing it use their pump also (its amazing, way more pressure than a jabsco rv pump) other than that totally put together your own kit. Find a nice 40/50a relay, pressure switch, decent wiring (the wiring that comes with the Aquamist kit is laughably...
  17. S

Ceramic Coating

The stuff from columbia is quoted as being able to "partial cure" in the over at 500, or you can just run the parts on the car and that will cure them. It didn't seem to get liquid at all when I baked it either. Its also less shiny than that, and rated to 2000. I sold the turbo/02 housing, ect...
  18. S

Getting excited about the Eaton TVS SC's (video)

I don't think it will be like that There won't be that many zr1's made, and even less will be modded (Corvette guys are weird like that)