Search results

1. S

Maxed out stock 1UZ injectors easily- I thought they were good for 400bhp?

I've been Googling all day and all I could find was people using 7M injectors or people using ones that needed different injector plugs etc. Without knowing plug names etc i was struggling to find anything. But that link is ideal, have some they say is direct fit for 1UZ, winner.
  2. S

Can anyone tell me of any plug and play larger injectors I can use? So the correct impedance and not needing to change the electronic plugs too? Would like something as simple as possible, and getting hold of old RX7 or Mk3 Supra injectors is no easy task now. There must be some other cars...
  3. S

Are all 1UZ crank sensors the same? Look the same, but different part numbers?

That would be nice- It's all been a bit of a nightmare so far! I'll be putting a bit more effort in to finding out what is what regarding the Honeywell Hall sensor next week- To be honest I know very little about electronics, but seems to me the 'experts' I've been paying to sort the electronics...
  4. S

Are all 1UZ crank sensors the same? Look the same, but different part numbers?

As title really. I've been having crank signal/sensor problems (running an aftermarket ECU running no cam sensors, and won't start if can't pick up a crank signal), and to see if it was something to do with the crank sensor, I changed the one on the car for one on a spare 1UZ I had. With...
  5. S

1uz ignition boots for larger cable

I need the same thing, and also in the UK, purely as I need to run longer leads to the coilpacks I'm running. 1.2m for the longest few leads... Stock boots/caps are 150mm tall, and I can't find anything like that, find 120mm max, which would still be far from ideal for pushing them securely on...
  6. S

Kiwi VVti stock car engine

From what I understand, internals are free, but 4ltr and 10:1 compression maximum. http://www.speedway.co.nz/pdf/Rulebook/2014%20Rulebook.pdf
  7. S

Standalone ECU Replacing/upgrading OEM crank sensor-What have people used?

As title really. I'm running a Omex 710 ECU, and the stock crank sensor seems to be struggling with interference, and at 6.5k it's like hitting a brick wall at the moment as it gets too bad. I know a lot of people say stock Toyota crank sensors cause problems, but are there any that are a...
  8. S

Yeah, I might go overboard and run 1000s too, as knowing me it won't take long until I'm bored and add a turbo, lol
  9. S

250s, which we hoped would do the job, but not even close. I'm guessing 440s would be fine, I'll see what's around.
  10. S

As title really. Engine is N/A on ITBs, Kelford Cams (290deg duration), etc etc, stock (albeit balanced and ARP rod bolts) bottomend etc etc, and we hit 90% injector duty cycle (at stock fuel pressure) by 6500rpm. In the tech section on Lextreme it claims the injectors are good for 400bhp...
  11. S

Kiwi VVti stock car engine

Wonder what it makes? Stock bottomend on NZ Superstocks isn't it?
  12. S

ARP part no for head studs

I'd love to know the truth on this! Everyone seems to keep info so close to their chest on these cars, and I'd like some too.
  13. S

Rebuilding 1uz- will ARP rod bolts etc help safe rpm or is rods the limit?

No valve float, have uprated springs too. Both from Kelfords in NZ. The raise in comp from pistons is so little it's not that cost effective, esp with the rod cost too, but I wondered how the roads fail. Most say stick to 7.5k tops, seen some go to 8 no prob, but if rod bolts will help...
  14. S

Centrifugal + wastegate = more torque!!

Compressor efficiency will be down, temps will be up, 360whp will only still be that if your setup is nowhere near its limit so can handle more heat without det or needing to retard the timing etc
  15. S

Rebuilding 1uz- will ARP rod bolts etc help safe rpm or is rods the limit?

As title really. Rebuilding an early 1uz (so stronger rods) with ACL bearings, cometic gaskets, 286deg cams, ITBs, etc, but stock pistons and rods. Will ARP bolts help things at all, or are the failures never things like rod bolts etc on 1uz? Staying N/A but could do with all the revs I...
  16. S

Twin turbo UZ ST185

Cool, serious power! I think some of the start of the thread is missing maybe? So no real mention of turbos etc. Also, any idea what speed is what rpm on dyno sheet?
  17. S

Dyno sheets for turbocharged 1UZs

Cool, thank you! So neither the super soft valve springs or the cams are a big issue if want ok power until 6.5-7? That's good, just seen So many that seem flat and die off around 5k. They make good power, more than enough for me, just not enough of a rev range.
  18. S

So with a decent intake the power doesn't die at 5k ish? I have itbs and can get a decent plenum made no probem. Is there any dyno sheets showing this? Even being strong till 6.5 will be fine, just all I've seem look strong as hell till 5 then drop like a stone, and with my gearing etc I don't...
  19. S

That was my first thought, then found someone who fitted stiffer valve springs n the issue remained :confused:
  20. S

Stock bottomend N/A 1UZ- Kelford 207-Es, ITBs, etc etc- What to expect?

Yeah, I think I'll just have to try it and see, expect stock pistons can be notched enough to clear. I cant be dealing with the ~5000rpm peak power even big turbo ones on stock cams seem to do, so I think I should stick with this...