Recent content by fastegg

1. fastegg

Cooling system refill

I ended up putting a cap into the top radiator hose... I haven't filled from empty yet but I think this will do the trick...
  2. fastegg

Cooling system refill

Whenever I have to refill cooling system from scratch it takes several days to get it working properly... I firstly fill via catch tank with blead bolt removed from top of block... engine gets hot but radiator does not... let car cool down overnight... add maybe 1.5litres,,, repeat process...
  3. fastegg

Cat removal

OK... might even take cats off & punch holes thru them... there is no exhaust testing in Australia.... yet..... although I'm sure it's coming.
  4. fastegg

Cat removal

I'm in Australia.... not concerned about cats.... If I was gunna take them out I'd replace them with fake ones.
  5. fastegg

Cat removal

Is there any improvement on a '98 1UZvvti by removing cats ?
  6. fastegg

Hard to start when warmed up

Starts easy when cold but idles hi.... once warmed up needs 15+ seconds on the starter then eventually starts... idles hi... maybe fueling up ?
  7. fastegg

Won't start with accelerator position sensor connected

Started engine after fixing injector leak... was idling fast.. noticed accelerator position sensor (APS) not connected.... connected APS without turning engine off... now it won't start.... it will start if I unplug the APS but no throttle response... Any suggestions ? ('99 LS400)
  8. fastegg

Rear coolant transfer 'piece'

I'm in Australia... I found out part numbers so ordered them thru local Lexus dealer.
  9. fastegg

I'm in Australia... I found out part numbers so ordered them thru local Lexus dealer.
  10. fastegg

I'm about to change the starter motor. To remove the 2 bolts that mount the starter you have to remove a coolant transfer 'pipe' or section (sort of just behind the starter)... Don't know exactly what it's called so i have been unable to get a part number for the 2 gaskets that will need to be...
  11. fastegg

Steering column

There were no RHD ones available... I looked at the photos carefully, couldn't see any differences... so i took the punt & purchased a LHD one from US & sent to Australia...... fitted perfectly.... no difference.
  12. fastegg

Dead starter motor

Battery 100%... turn ignition on.. everything comes on... turn key to start & nothing.... wiggle gear lever around... go from P to N a few times.... but still nothing.... replaced starter @300,000km... now @380,000km....Any suggestions ? (first time in the 15 years I've had it that it has...
  13. fastegg

Unknown button on dash

Found out the button turns the chirp on/off when locking / unlocking the doors.
  14. fastegg

Unknown button on dash

Hi.. I have discovered a button on the dash... just bellow the hood release ... I tried looking it up in the manual with no luck. Does anyone know what it is ?
  15. fastegg

Steering column

Does anyone know if the L/H drive steering column is the same on a R/H drive '98 LS400 ?..... I'm in R/H drive Australia & looking at purchasing a L/H drive US column... Both the ignition keys are on the R/H side....