REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ADS FOREVER

Recent content by fastegg

1. fastegg

Cam belt

BTW.. just as a matter of maintenance I thought i'd replace the iridium plugs... put a new set in about 7 years ago well over 100,000km.. Since i bought a new set i put them in however the old ones looked like they could do another 7 years and the mixtures looked perfect.
  2. fastegg

Cam belt

Yes I have everything ready to go.. It's a '99 so it's interference.. It's on it's 2nd belt @180,000km (total 335,000km) so i'm trying to get myself together before Xmas to get it done... Still running like a dream... Dam sunroof won't open which annoys the hell out of me...
  3. fastegg

Cam belt

What's the longest known mileage on a UCF20 cam belt ?.... Have there been any known failures ?... What would likely fail ?
  4. fastegg

Cracking sound in front suspension

i cant remember now.. but you could see witness marks where the subframe had been moving a few mm... but yeah. tightened up the big subframe bolts and 'cracking' sounds disappeared...
  5. fastegg

Seat belt retractor

... Seems funny, they both worked perfectly when I bought it 7 years ago.. the drivers side used probably 90% more than the passenger side and yet they both started playing up at the same time and the speed in which the retraction slowed down was equal... and now they both hardly work equally...
  6. fastegg

Seat belt retractor

Any idea why they wont retract by themselves ?... Is the spring stuffed or is it a lubrication problem ?
  7. fastegg

Seat belt retractor

*** Yes by all means tell me anyone I can contact. Both front seat belts won't retract, so I was going to pull the passenger one out and see if I can fix it...
  8. fastegg

Seat belt retractor

.. Wreckers over here quoted my $250 which i thought was a bit much for an 18 year old seat belt...
  9. fastegg

Seat belt retractor

My drivers side seat belt wont retract unless I feed it in by hand. Is it buggered ?.... Can it be fixed if I pull it out or should I just source another one ? Its very annoying feeding it back in every time i get out... and leaving it out looks very untidy...
  10. fastegg

Replace timing belt

Thats for the early model motor... A little bit different but I looked at it just the same.....Ive also got the factory manuals too... Thanks man....
  11. fastegg

Replace timing belt

I'm just psyching myself up to do both a timing belt and starter motor... At 295,000km the 2nd belt is due and the starter is doing the click-click-click thing.. I'm going to be using a complete Toyota timing belt kit and with it is a crank seal. I'd like to change it. Ive watched 2 youtube...
  12. fastegg

OBD2 scan tool for iphone5c

Hi George_R.... What data does it show ?
  13. fastegg

OBD2 scan tool for iphone5c

Has anyone used one of these cheap OBD2 wi-fi scan tools for an iphone5 ? They're really cheap on ebay... Any good for a '98 LS400 ?
  14. fastegg

Air fuel tuning

I'm just about to install my Dynojet air/fuel ratio gauge. I'd like to start 'fiddling' and try to get better fuel economy on the highway....I have read somewhere if I put a variable resistor on one of the sensors (Intake air temp sensor, coolant temp sensor or other) by tricking the ECU into...
  15. fastegg

Idle problem

Hi Tony.. Ive purchased an ECT (engine coolant temp) sensor via ebay and will fit it when it comes. I also took the MAF out but it looks spotless. Thanks for the tip, see how it goes...