Recent content by Danger Mouse

1. D

Random cutting out

Yeah sucks balls when it's an intermittent problem, mine was either loom or connector I reckon, but wasn't going to waste money trying to figure it out. When I was a service and calibration tech in the early days of my electronics career, it was amazing how much stuff we fixed by wiggling...
  2. D

Random cutting out

No, see my thread in the FIAT section. Basically ended up at my favourite auto electrician (he really is awesome), talked about wiring in the OBD port and a few other plans, but he reckoned he could waste a lot of time and charge me a lot of money to possibly not even sort. So I followed his...
  3. D

Standalone ECU Megasquirt vacuum line for MAP sensor?

So to give a bit more history, the issues I was having was a random complete engine cutout, but would always restart straight afterwards. It has always done this but it used to be about once every couple of months, which I could live with, then got worse and worse (more regular) until it finally...
  4. D

Cheers Gloverman, I've ended up T'ing off the one that runs to what looks like a fuel pressure regulator, off the front of the plenum. I'll keep posting progress updates in here, in case anyone else plans the same (being pre-built, I've done none of the homework most people who run a MS have done).
  5. D

I would have thought the answer to this question would be all over the internet, but all I keep coming with is a vacuum line diagram for what looks like a 2JZ... After numerous running issues, I've finally decided to junk the stock ecu and loom and bought a pre-made MS and 1UZ loom. I've just...
  6. D

Random cutting out

Thanks George, very helpful :) The engine and loom/Ecu are from an early JDM Toyota Crown Majesta, which caused all sorts of issues when I went to replace the alternator as it uses a smaller alternator to the off the shelf LS/SC400 ones, which I didn't have room to fit. Perfect for tight...
  7. D

Random cutting out

Ah yes kind of obvious I need to do this, could stop me chasing my tail :) So the switch is to essentially switch in and out a jumper between TC and E1? The engine light it wired up, so if I jumper those terminals I should get the engine light flashes? Or do I need to wire up a different...
  8. D

Random cutting out

Cheers for the replies guys. Done plenty of wiggling of wiring, but it's hard to replicate and doesn't seem to solve the issue. Does make sense though, especially as it is showing typical CAS symptoms, ie for the most part restarting straight away. Power to ECU and ignition has been redone by...
  9. D

Random cutting out

Back to the forum with another problem... kinda forgotten I was a member... So been trying to track down a long-term issue, where the engine will just randomly die while driving. Does it at any revs, any speed and the rev counter immediately drops to zero. Often it will recover itself, as...
  10. D

Crank angle sensor (and related issues)

Yeah I don't suspect it's a faulty crank angle sensor, just want to check it's got a good, clean connection. Even sending my one down to you would probably prove nothing, as it's very intermittent, I can go well over a week without it happening, then it'll do it a couple of times a day, but...
  11. D

Cheers for that. Yeah it's going to be one of those fun, find the intermittent fault games. The auto sparky was pretty sure he found the problem with the main fuse block and used high-current bolt in fuses instead of the stock Hilux fuse block, but not so... At least I have 3 weeks off over...
  12. D

I have an intermittent problem, where the engine cuts out randomly, but will restart immediately and then drive fine. When it cuts out, the rev counter also drops to zero. I've had the ute at an auto sparky, who went through the wiring loom and sorted out some dodgy stuff (the guys who did...
  13. D

Noob Introduction

Hey yes I did in the end, seems it was a crappy spark plug, what a lot of flap about something that was actually pretty obvious. Amateur mechanic fail, ha ha.
  14. D

Divorce Approaching

I had a wife that was not amused by my wasting of money (her words) on toys of a mechanical nature. I traded her in for one that encourages me to spend money on toys of a mechanical nature, who has her own dirt bike and told me to go buy the Hilux. Trust me, this way is better :D
  15. D

Old bloke in the UK

I was hoping you were going to say that, such a cool car for 1UZ sleeper :-)