do 1uz's ever die?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

hi-lex

well do these motors ever die? what are some common problems with these motors that requires replacment or strip down, ther only seems to be good things about them ,no bad, so tell us your woes and grumbles

the only problems that i have encounted are operator error (all minor)
i do know of more than one engine with conrod failure at the small end, usually abused
overreved etc , head gasket failure is common with lots of boost and incorrect tune or poor fuel. on the other hand there are some serious HP numbers being made for alot less $$$ than other new alloy V8's

the water pump on our LS400s was some what trouble some. The LS i used to have boiled over after the water pump locked up. about 120K miles later, i got the car and i rev the living crap out of it. Always hitting limiter for extended amounts of time, it never blew up, never had any problems. I drove the car as hard as you could and then some, never gave me any trouble. So like qca said, they sometimes blow from poor tuning or poor fuel from aftermarket add ons

I've talked to lots of guys and importers in NZ.
Road race guys ran big ends when reving high for a long periods. The cure is dry sumping them.
There are a few that lock up in the cam bearings - a few have suffered from this.
Apart from this the other stuff that goes wrong is normal wear and tear for any engine or guys getting their install wrong - oil filters plumbed wrong etc
Cheers