wolf 3D problems

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

blackcat

Can anyone help? I am using a wolf 3d V4 and i am having alot of problems getting it tuned. I have taken it to several different dyno places and it still doesnt seem to run all that good. Usually runs ok for about 2 weeks and then it starts to cough and splutter.
I am also having big problems with the starting. Sound like timing problems but changing the starting ignition timing makes no difference. No-one is able to tell me what the problem is.
I am using the crank sensor and the drivers side cam sensor. I have run shielded cable all the way up to the sensor to try and reduce any interference.
Does any one kwow if i need to hook up the shielded earth at both ends of the harness or just the ecu end?
Does any one know of an aftermarket hall efect or optical sensor set up to replace the standard reluctor type?
The engine is stock with the exception of the injectors which are out of a 7MGTE.

Can anyone help me or offer any suggestions?
Would any one be able to send me a copy of working wolf map so that i can compare it to mine?
Any information would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Dan

Dan,
Have never tuned a wolf so I can't really help you with that, but I can help with the others.
The shield should be grounded at both ends.
Bosch make a hall effect sensor that you could use, not sure how difficult it would be to install though. I think the Autronic website has it listed.

Was this car being tuned by Barry?? If so then i presume u know of Ray Ferrari yeah?? Well he can help u out with the cam and crank sensors, he uses a Ford sensor so have a chat to him about it.

make sure the idle bypass(?) valve at the front of the plenum chamber is connected just after the air filter and not just blocked off. this would cause it to idle like a beeyatch.

Idle doesn't seem to be a problem. I've fitted an idle valve off an XF falcon that works fine. The engine only seems to cough and splutter when its under load. When its idling or coasting everything seems normal.

I've sent a copy of my map to Steve at Wolf. He's going to have a look at it for me and see if he can notice anything out of the ordinary.

It was tuned by Barry. How did you know? He's done the best job with my fuel and ignition mapping, but wasn't able to sort out the starting problem. Hopefully Steve at Wolf can sort it out for me.

blackcat said:
It was tuned by Barry. How did you know? He's done the best job with my fuel and ignition mapping, but wasn't able to sort out the starting problem. Hopefully Steve at Wolf can sort it out for me.

I was speaking to Barry about getting a map for my car, he was going to give me yours after he was done tuning it but with the problems just told me what values to put in there to begin with and he will take it from there.

hey what car you got it in and what transmition are you using on the car i am using the (wolf 3D V4 PLUS) i am going to get it tuned by tony gray

BLOWN EA 4 EVA

It's in a series 1 XJ6 Jag (black-hence the name"blackcat")
I was running the standard 4 speed Lexus auto with a mega shifter-you just had to change gears manually, got a bit tiresome after a while.
I now have a turbo 350 bolted on - really easy conversion and a lot more performance options

black cat Steve will sort your problem out no worrys the main problem with the triggering is the rotor button phasing it works best when the lug on the cam disc should be 22togres befor the cam sensor and the 1uz is right on the sensor at TDC
this courses noise or signal error counts under load it can be fix with out moveing the sensor pm me and i will ring you

BLOWN EA said:
hey how did you go about getting the car licenced with the gear box functioning like that the bloke that is tuning my car is the owner of jag mobile
its still licenced for a 400 chev. Got all the permit papers for a lexus turbo conversion but haven't fitted the turbo yet or been bothered taking it over the pits.
megashifters are legal so i dont think i would have had a problem anyway. It was really just like driving a clutchless manual