Who is using 2uz-fe heads?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Anaema,

Please feel free to post photos of the manifold you're making.

In general.

It is easy to screw the heads on but has anyone looked at the squish area of the pisstons. From my understanding the 2UZ pistons are different to 1UZ pistons so I would expect some detonation problems with the mix and match.

Possibly so Zuffen, you have a vaild point there. However, the only way to know for sure is to go for it. : ) I think with proper octane, and some attention to detail, the 2uz-fe heads will will a great option for those of us who are in the pursuit of big HP.

Eric

cowboy bebop said:
David, my friend, : ). Not to be contrary, but the head volume of the 1/2/3uz heads are as follows.

Here are the UZFE family cylinder head volume.
1uzfe 43.50 cc
2uzfe 40.00 cc
3uzfe 36.60 cc

As you can see the 2uz is less head volume that the 1uz, so compression would rise if you used 2uz heads. Plus there's an array of MLS heasd gaskets from .025" to .075" to help control the compression ratio.
Eric

Eric,

Its great you have the stock head volume. The head volume is related to piston configuration and compression height. 2uzfe pistson have different compression height and different piston surface configuration along with squish area. The head volume above only apply to stock (oem) pistons.

One thing to remember too is that the owners that would most benifit from 2uz heads would be the those with forced induction, so a possible lower compression ratio would only help.

Anaema said:
im just talking about making a monifold that will fit, not the ECU or any of that electronic equipment.

well you can't "just make a manifold that will fit".

you have to make the WHOLE setup work - with "all that electronic equipment" and all.

no-one here is into doing things by halves so why would you "just" make a manifold if it doesn't incorporate everything else?

I agree.

Coming from Detroit Iron - the 2UZ FE engine would be seen as 'Ultra' - with 32 valves in Alloy and a 'stiff' iron block.

The AMC [american motors] AMX '401' is 4.165 x 3.66 - almost the specs one Thread had as an 'Ultimate' UZ engine - 290 to 330 HP stock - and weighs 640lbs.

A 2UZ FE - gussestimates in around 560 ish weight wise ?

The 'lighter' AMC 360 block - 2 bolt only - cast crank - is 540 lbs.

In FI mode - after 600HP - the 401 block gets unstable - blows gaskets alot.

2 UZ using 2 bolt & ARP Main Studs - and is good for .......... 1000 HP ??

- has the larger 94mm bore, which the 1977 - 200? R100 series BMW Motorcycles have and Venolia makes Piston sizes & has Ring Paks for

- has a non dual plane runner intake > read 'Performance' <

- for the sake of 82 lbs block difference vs 1 / 3 UZ engine,

I'll move the battery to the Trunk
'n lighten the 'Uzzie 2' crank ;)

I've seen some decent 'Power Blisters' on Eagle Talon hoods - and others,
should be easy to make a tasteful mod to allow hood clearance.