Where is the "ultimate" 1UZ thread"? Need to qualify Ross piston comment

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
ohhh you guys like to argue don't you... whoever said wiseco is crap needs to shut their mouths. you know nothing.

all in all, every piston manufacturer out there makes a sturdy piece, but its up to the engine builder to build the engine correctly and the tuner to tune the engine correctly. those are the final decisions on whether or not the engine will last or not.

http://www.importbuilders.com/backupweb/pistoncomparo.html

btw, mahle is easily purchased these days. their pistons are pretty darn low priced too if i might add. i forgot the name of the coating mahle uses, dry phosphorus or something? to prevent microwelding? i don't remember. good stuff though.

I have ross pistons in my engine and while they are slightly noisy upon startup, once the car reaches operating temperature you no longer hear them.

K Dog was right.

"Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"

E-Solver, I officially give up I'm afraid I'll be brought down to your level then you'll beat me with your vast experience.

Thank you Kdog for such a wonderful observation.

This is my last post in this thread.

This is my last post too. I am not sure what is your point. We have Ross pistons running from 400 rwhp (mine) to 500 rwhp (Morris and Bob) to 750 rwhp (Ryan) and the power keep climbing to 1,600 bhp (Turbonectics). We have proof from street to professional track that Ross pistons are doing it jobs. We have evidence showing that. Where is your? I ask few times about give an example of JE pistons in any of the UZFE family but you failed to come up with any. You just running your mouth to discredit Ross and our moderators.

Unless you have some solid evidence on the UZFE motor, I suggest you tone down your voice. Where were JE 10 years ago? Where were JE 5 years ago? Where are JE now? Ross has been with our community since day one. The reason I deal with Ross is because they have friendly and knowledgeable tech support along with track record of making 1,600 hp on the Turbonectic twin turbo Celica. Ross has been making pistons for our engines more then 10 years ago. My personal experience with JE had been bad. If you like JE, go for it. No one is stopping you. Turbonectic is a huge turbo company in the US. They could use pistons from any of the above companies, but they chose Ross. I am sure they have 100% confident that Ross pistons can handle that type of abuse. Unless you have some solid and objective evidence on the JE pistons in any of the UZFE engine family making killer hp, then there is no point of continuing this discussion. Like Kdog stated:

[size=+3]"Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"[/size]

Now I understand why. You are here to argue and our core value in this forum is not that.

I am not trying to argue, but no one, not Dave not Zuffen included want to deal with the facts I am presenting about the pistons and we are 3 pages into the topic. I never said they wont handle any level of power, but thats whats rammed up as a discussion piece against the points I raised, you had might as well add but the grass is green, its an equally true statement that has nothing to do with the points raised.

I dont have said a few times now I will be using CP or Wiseco, so no need to keep putting down JE again and again and again...

I am here to have a discussion, and you are just being defensive and abusive (re your comment about me being an idiot), classy. Way to ruin a thread.

I understand after sinking all that money into Ross you dont want people saying bad things about them, thats fine... I wont post about Ross pistons being bad again so we dont rock your boat.

ok, ross had a issue with their pistons a while back, so since then people have been scared to use ross.

i've heard ross has great customer support also, but that doesn't mean other brands don't.

ive seen every piston manufacture make high hp figures, maybe not particularly in the UZ engine family, but does that really matter? no it does not, piston crack on the ringland? tell the manufacture see if they can redesign the piston. I know wiseco has been a great help to me and others who have asked for custom one off designs that are backed by great support.

there IS no argument. you like a piston company, then use it! if you make enourmous amounts of power, GREAT! more to you, i have my choice of brands a use and they are probably not the same as yours, but really guys.

there is no argument. JE does have nice pistons, customer service? who knows, i never delt with them upfront, but i personally use wiseco each and every performance build i do, because its just preference. those JE's costed 200more per set and didn't make anymore power than the wiseco's do.

ok, ross had a issue with their pistons a while back, so since then people have been scared to use ross.

i've heard ross has great customer support also, but that doesn't mean other brands don't.

ive seen every piston manufacture make high hp figures, maybe not particularly in the UZ engine family, but does that really matter? no it does not, piston crack on the ringland? tell the manufacture see if they can redesign the piston. I know wiseco has been a great help to me and others who have asked for custom one off designs that are backed by great support.

there IS no argument. you like a piston company, then use it! if you make enourmous amounts of power, GREAT! more to you, i have my choice of brands a use and they are probably not the same as yours, but really guys.

there is no argument. JE does have nice pistons, customer service? who knows, i never delt with them upfront, but i personally use wiseco each and every performance build i do, because its just preference. those JE's costed 200more per set and didn't make anymore power than the wiseco's do.

Gotta agree with all that :)

I prefer the stock Lexus 1uz-fe pistons...They may not be forged but they haven't failed me yet.:006:

Approx. 475ft pounds of torque now and the stock pistons are still humming along, tranny blew, driveshaft wore out, and the rings are starting to wear abit with the continued NOS shot use but only about one quart of synthetic oil between oil changes...:boggled:

Forgies are overrated:tapedshut:

Ps. Don't argue with these statements of mine or I will bring you all down to my level.:07:

I prefer the stock Lexus 1uz-fe pistons...They may not be forged but they haven't failed me yet.:006:

Approx. 475ft pounds of torque now and the stock pistons are still humming along, tranny blew, driveshaft wore out, and the rings are starting to wear abit with the continued NOS shot use but only about one quart of synthetic oil between oil changes...:boggled:

Forgies are overrated:tapedshut:

Ps. Don't argue with these statements of mine or I will bring you all down to my level.:07:

haha nice post :)

Yeah I will build a "max" hp motor on the side I think and see how far I can push the stock internal version :)

What is your NOS setup? Dry or wet? Brand?

Glad I can get one of you heads to laugh with one of my silly posts...Hope no one is offended, just me being me......

E-solver - I been running a 100hp Dry NOS system for three years and I recently stepped it up to 150hp Dry Nos system about 6 months ago.. After doing so my off the line traction went right out the window under the juice (need progressive shots badly) and I also blew out my stock tranny almost immediately.....Stock pistons and rods are still holding steady but everything else is breaking....:684:

jibbby I agree completely. Performance oriented aftermarket is better, but if you're not shooting for more power than you can reliably make stock. Pointless. I like Toyota's older pistons. Before all the compression hikes & lightening took place.

Mate people are too politically correct these days, I all it how I see it :)

Where do you inject it? I am askig as I may look into it after I get this running NA in a month or so as a first step. I would be running it off the Link though and 3D mapping the injection of NOS to get a little sanity about it!

E-solver - Not sure if your question is directed toward me...

Nos Dry system - The Nitrous feed has a fitting that is pre-drilled and fitted directly onto throttle body...Mixes in directly with the intake air flow and that is it...Hense "Dry system"

Wet System - In coming nos feed is connected directly to the fuel line so you can get a pure feed fuel mix to the injectors...Wet systems are better for larger nos shots....

As far as 3D mapping the injection with a boosted application I would not know how to advise you on that...Maybe someone else like Toysreme can chime in on that...I do know that you should be setup to run a slightly rich fuel mix with Nitrous...I also know the fuel injectors output has to be able to keep up with the nitrous shot, you run lean with nitrous even the forgies may not matter then, kaabooom..

Pic of dry system feed....