what ECU to run with supercharger & std auto

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
This is my recommendation:
<8 psi = FMU
8-16 Psi = Piggyback
16-20 psi = Modified Piggyback with additional injectors
>20 psi = standalone

Price wise:
FMU = 300
Piggback = 450-550
Modified Piggback = 550-650
Stand Alone = 1700-3000

All prices are in USD and its estimated.

Ebay bargain - PerfectPowerSMT 6. Piggyback fuel and ignition computer for $400, finishes in 2 days.

This item is at http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43807&item=4517105746&rd=1

Piggyback computer that will work on the 1uz, rang the AVO guys in Melbourne yesterday, they sell them for $777 or $1100 drive in/drive out. Can drive a Map sensor so you can get rid of the AFM, specs in ad on ebay. A lot cheaper than the haltech mentioned above, similar to Unichip price I believe.

My brother and I are fitting a 1uzfe and auto into a torana lx hatch. I have just started designing a stand alone auto controller which will support FULL AUTO control as well as push button manual control and gear selector manual control all in the one box. I have no idear on the final cost as yet (I am trying to make it as cheap as possible) but it would be interesting to see how many people would be interested in a device like this.

hey devojet

price would have to be around 1000 or less

you can buy fully programmable ecu controllers from usa

they range from about 2000 i think

the prob with it being to expensive is if someone wants to go full aftermarket then your up for 1200 to 2000 for a descent engine ecu

then say yr product is 1000 ontop of the engine ecu makes it expensive to upgrade both ecus

the latest motec can do auto tranny control so for a bit more money u can get one ecu to do the lot

i will soon find out if the new autronic thats comin out can do gbox control too

so can the auto be run automatically without the standard ECU? is there a cheapish aftermarket controller?

from what i've read here(this thread) you don't need any ECU to run in a sort of tiptronic mode eg: manually select gears with switches.

am i correct in the above statements?

Deuce said:
Contact Michael Vidau at MV Automatics: 1 Stirling Rd, Blackwood.SA. 5051 Phone: 08 8370 0430 Fax: 08 8370 0431
I had Michael service my Lexus gearbox earlier this year,replacing seals and fitting a mild shift kit.
Anyone have Michael Vidau's email address? I am curious if he increases the shift speed by blocking off the accumulators in the valve body, or increasing pressurization...Anyone know? Blocking off the accumulators could cause much more chance of breakage in the trans, especially the sprag.

Thanks,

Ryan