What do i need? 1uzfe into HZ Holden

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

HZ-Hybrid

Hello all, new to the forum, from perth W.A.

Hoping someone could give me some advice. I am transplanting a 1uzfe into a 1979 Holden HZ ute to replace the 253 v8. (Cant get any more power out of the little eight)

Just some questions.
Gearboxes? What manual box will fit? do supra 5 speeds fit?

Should i be trying to find a pre 95 engine as ive seen 95 and up have higher comp and smaller rods? is this correct. it will be twin turboed. (2 x t28's or subaru turbos)

Does anyone now what parts i will need that are different to the stock 1uzfe? like the sump?

Cheers all. i see some people have done this already, hillbilly, loved the look of your car, saw the magazine the other day, it got me inspired. If you have any tips you could give us it would be much apperciated!

After reading through here there is a lot of information so ive found most of what i neede thanks. Just one thing though i still cant find out when the con rods were bigger and the compression ratio was down. what year was this????

Thanks all.

apparently just look for the cast ally fuel rails as they are the ones that have the weaker conrods,as in hillbillys situation.

One bit of advice I can give you is, make sure you talk to someone that really knows turbo's, mainly surge areas. As I have just been through this and if you get it wrong it will end up costing more money than it should.
Have sorted my compressor surge problem by replacing the cannisters with bigger units and up sizing the exhaust housings, in short the GT28R's I was running were too small now have the equilevant of GT2860's much better boost range with no surge at all. Grant from Performanz in whelspool sorted it all for me.

ps should have listened to my mate Saf the first time around :(

Reason for Delco was simply to save money as it was already in the car running the 355 stroker. The Guy(Allan Gibbs) who I bought the Kalmaker(modified Delco 808) from was very keen to prove the Delco could run the 1UZ so he has done the 2 tunes for me free of charge.
http://www.kalmaker.com.au/page2.html

There are other and some would say better ECU's out there but I found this to be the most cost effective one for me, along with the fact I knew the software and can do some minor tuning with it myself.