VVTi UZ into 1st Gen SC400 Project

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
the way to tell if it has security is check the diagrams and see if the ones for security are there
i sort of guess its around 2000 that they fitted security
but in the usa things might have come in abit earlier because of their stingent rules
on imports
anyway if u had used the search button u should have found a million posts on where
i have said beware of security on vvti ecus but hey no one listens to me heheheehheheeheheheheheh

have u done any other part of the wiring like ign coils and efi and stuff or just the starter
as there is many many more days of wiring to get the thing finished and thats even without the security wiring if u want it to be nice and reliable and plug inot the existing car wiring rather than have a birds nest behind the dash and in the enigne bay

Thanks for the hard truth...

Well I guess I just take my loss and take the thing out. Took me 3 weeks of work to get parts for it and installed but I guess thats just thew way it is. Its too bad there is pretty much nobody out here who knows how to wire these things so im pulling out.

This project is FUBAR. Done. Failed...

Decided the early 92' motor is going back in. Maybe i'll swap my blower from my old project to make this somewhat interesting.

If anyone needs a VVT motor + harness + ECU I have mine for sale $1500. (SOCAL area)

hey wait just a min i have a number to a guy that says he can reflash the ecu sell me a key & cut key for $175 got the # from the lexus parts mgr said the guys there all the time buying blanks

It can be done u just need to wire up all the security
Lex said he knew someone who bypassed the security
But I have never seen anyone crack a Toyota ecu
Anyway it can be done
I tell people to buy a front cut when wanting a
Vvti motor
At the shop where I'm based we have only seen 2 vvti 1u motors in ten years

hey wait just a min i have a number to a guy that says he can reflash the ecu sell me a key & cut key for $175 got the # from the lexus parts mgr said the guys there all the time buying blanks

My problem is that I MUST have the car running once the keys + ECU have been re-matched. If it doesnt run I will be too far to turn back and wont have the cash to put the original back in (needs used transmission). The only feasible solution I can come up with is to find Sideshow and have him wire it (aint happening lol) or full $2000 top-of-line adaptronic "super ECU" and more cash for a custom made harness. Who knows, maybe Neil will trade the motor for some extractors LOL (fat chance w/ shipping).

Sean

yes u can reprogram new keys
but u need th erest fo the immobiliser stuff

the new key is read by the key reader
the key reader says ok to start to the immobiliser ecu
the immoliser ecuu then says to ecu ok to start
then the ecu pulses injecotrs and spark

have u confirmed that the security wires are in the harness
as someone on here said some 1uz vvti 's dont have security
like the early ones

as maybe u are missing power to coils and injectors
i would check for immobiliser wires before u do anything else as it might be a simple fix

I dont have any leftover plugs that would even come close to the driver side steering wheel. With this in mind, maybe the 98 body harness has extra plugs added? The only BCM's i have are for the hydraulic fan and the power steering.

From the sound of it, maybe all I need is the immobilizer + key reader and then get a blank key copied. Lex said he had a 99 body harness, this would take 1 itemn out of the equation...

yr right no one likes paying for a proper job on the forums heheheheheheeh
when all u need to do is ask for help and get a bum steer hehehehe
anyway good luck with it

alll u need is key reader and immobiliser ecu and a blank key or 2

make sure u get the wiring plugs that come with the key reader or immob ecu
as it will make the job much easier unless the rest of the job is messy too hehehe
going from past experiences of fixing other peoples fk ups

but before u buy anything first talk to the key programmers as they are yr last hope
and u need to do what they tell u
if it was my custoemrs job i would have bought all new immob ecu and key reader
thats y price gets so high
u should be able to sit both looms together and make one out of the 2 if yr good
and its mostly plug and play then
then wire up the extra immob ecu and key reader and tape the key to the reader

then its a matter of putting ecu in program mode using toyota software
the biggest prob is u dont have the master key so u cant do a copy
u need to set ecu up to accept new key but not anyone can do this

hey ill call that key guy & tell him what you have, see what he says. I need to ask him about replacing my master key. If i had the money id just get lexus to do it. They say they have to get me a new ECU. Would be super cool if I got to keep my ECU & spare key, then that might help your problem.

Just got off the phone twice with this guy. He's an Ahole, got pissed cause he said I wasnt answering his question's & knew more about it than he does, I cant help you, & hung up the phone on me. The first time he got all wierd @ the end of the conversation & said LET ME CALL U BACK,LET ME CALL YOU BACK. It takes all kinds, WTF. I will not be using this guy to do my key. Ill just let lexus do it. He also said it wasnt a guarentee that the ecu would take the program, something about the door actuator, for programming IDK. $175 program $120 for the key.

sounds light a nightmare LOL. When I realized the S*** I would have to jump through to get this working "properly" I just said nooo way. I will have a set of rush extractors coming in soon, so at least I can compromise the VVt motor a bit. Hows your hybrid motor running? Any new kill stories?

Seems to be running great. All good. Next couple of things to do. Change this micro switch. This controls the 1st & 2nd gear. As far as the lights on the gauges & as far as 1st gear holding till you manually shift it to 2nd.

IMAG0256.jpg

IMAG0258.jpg

Then im going to change out my master cylinder resivore for a "traction control" model resivor, cause its bigger & that will allow me to have enough fluid in the bottle, so that with the TT brakes, when the pad is half or more worn out the break light is not comming on telling you its time to change pads, then you add more fluid to compensate & when you do change pads you got too much fluid in the system. & then 3 spoke steering wheel mod. Dual stage air bag wired in single stage mode. Im really bummed about your project going south on you .

i just spoke to friends high up at toyota about how all this immobiliser stuff works
and i found out alot of interesting stuff
its true some ecus migh tnot be able ot program keys too
u have to put ecu in program mode if its 2nd hand
new ecus come in program mode and eccept up to 3 new keys
some ecus have imobiliser inside engine ecu these are a pain
some ecus have seperate immobiliser ecu some these work some dont
if they dont u need to buy new ecu

there is heaps more to know bou thtis isde of things but would take ages to learn and figure it out at moment the demand aint there

SS brake lines

hi there... did you drive the car before and after putting on the SS brake lines ? did they make a noticable difference ?

fastegg : 1998 LS400
Bilstien HD shocks

Those Paddle Shifters Rock!! Very nice and they work with the stock wheel. The only thing I did not like was that they require a battery to function, and stop when the battery dies...Pricey too...:eek:

Ryan