V8 Silvia Update (with Pics)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

lsk12

Ive got the motor and box mounted now unfortunatley the shifter is about 25cm to far foward so ill have to make a remote shifter but thats not too hard. Its just the wiring to go before I can start it up cant wait to hear it.

Does anyone know what style of exhaust sounds best? ive heard a single sounds better than dual pipes al the way back

Luther

sidesml.jpg

mountsml.jpg

carsml.jpg

boxsml.jpg

bigsml.jpg

Any updates mate, really interested in your conversion...

am gonna put a v8 in an S14 but havent decided what v8 yet... 1UZFE, LS1, not overly fussed with the VH45 though

Hi ok Ill update you on where Im at

last weekend I got the engine running in the bay it sounds very cool. Ive since taken it out to finish the mounts and get the clutch working. The shiter on my w55 came out too far foward so I swapped the shifter with one that came out about 10cm further back obout inline with the output shaft this places the shifter about where I want it but its still a bit foward of factory.

I bolted up an r200 diff on tonight so hopefully that will hold the torque.

The goal is to have the car driving by the end of this coming weekend and then Ill do the exhaust after that Ill post more pics once its rolling:)

I'll be very keen to see some footage of it when its running mate.... where about do u live in aus ?

Keen to hear how it runs....

Thats great!

As for exhaust. I've got a single 3 inch on mine and it sounds AWESOME. I think theres a sound clip on the lextreme site. If you've got the right codecs then its a short vid (5 secconds)