1uzfe in s13 nissan silvia (pics)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

lsk12

v8 s13 silvia update with new pics

267797v83.JPG

Hi all here are some pics of my engine and w55 box to go in my s13 silvia. The engine is a 98 Aristo engine, just changed the timing belt, what a job glad the engine was on the floor wouldnt like to do it in the car! By the way someones selling 1uz timming belts for $75 on trademe.co.nz very cheap considering its a genuine toyota part. Repco quoted $350 or something crazy. Im waiting on a 4 puck clutch and pressure plate and then Ill be putting her in the car probably in a couple of weeks. Thanks to everyone, Ive found a lot of good info on this site.

It will mainly be used for drifting as I think the torque should make it pretty easy to get sideways. Im running a LINK lem with the new V5 software and a mitsubishi two channel igniter.

Luther Keats
882211IM000469.JPG
890181silviaside.JPG
254441v82.JPG

I dont think you will have much trouble drifting, in fact if you can keep it in a straight line I will be amazed. How much room is left in the engine bay, have you measured?

Yeah I did a quick measure seems to be fine. There is a guy in aussie with a nissan vh45 v8 in one and they are a lot bigger so I should be ok. Im thinking about going to a twin throttle plenum but I might just get it going first. Twin turbos are also in the back of my mind but that depends on what the NA performance is like.

Thats the first time I've ever seen someone converting a Nissan to anything other than a NISSAN! Good luck mate, hope you have fun with it. And show us some pics of you drifting!!!! Cool, a toyota powered nissan. Gotta love that.

Hmmm I got my adapterplate from them but didnt mention what i was putting it in maybe I should talk to them are they doing a 1uz in an s13?

Im sure they were doing that conversion as a Drift car, but Ive just gone back to there website and cant see it.
You could get in touch with them and see what they come up with

Logan

i was thinking about doing an rps13 (180sx) with a vq30det before i decided to sell it and work the supra instead...

good luck with the conversion though...

btw, me and a mate share a mazda powered toyota... hehe... gotta love half breeds

Nice work with that.
that will drift my 260Z drifts and it is soft and auto that thing will be fun even NA lots of Fun

This is not the first toyota in a nissan it is a sweet combo

Yeah go z cars Ive got a z32 300zx. I love the response and torque of the v6 but the auto and high kerb weight dull the experience. So the s13 should adress these issues nicely.:)

great idea!!

I've been tossing this idea around for a long time! So glad someone is finally doing it.

BTW where are you getting your motor mounts done at? I asked a shop locally where I live and they quoted me $500 to fab some up.... Guuuuhh, no.

Keep us updated on your progress!

Ive got my clutch and flywheel done now Ill post some pics tonight. The clutch is a brass 4 puck unit which will be grabby but should stand up to some punishment. It cost nz$350 from clutch systems in Christchurch. My flywheel is a 3sgte unit with a machined lead in on the ringgear and redrilled holes. It cost $100 plus $100 to machine it. my adapter plate cost $350 and the w55 was $100. So allup to convert a 1uzfe to manual it shouldnt cost more than $1000.

My old man has a tig welder so Im planning on modifiing the alloy mounts that come off the block. Imm going to sit the engine in tonight so Ill let you know.

U are using W55 tranny with which flywheel? I am getting a R154 tranny and trying to find out more info on the flywheel and a strong clutch.

Im using a redrilled gt4turbo/sw20 mr2 flywheel with a lead in ground on the other side of the ring gear for the starter motor to engage. It works out really well. then u can use gt4/mr2 performance clutch and clutch cover with the w55 clutch fork and I think a nissan thrust bearing.