1UZFE into S15 Silvia, help please

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

V8_ME

Hello peeps

New to this so please be gentle ;P

I have a S15 Silvia and wanting to put in a 1UZFE V8. Currently I have a non turbo SR20DE 5 spd. I've been told to "put this" and "do that" but to tell you the truth, the V8 option does make my mouth drool. I could go for the SR20DET turbo motor, but that's going to cost an arm and a leg, whereas I could pick up a 1UZFE engine + box for less than half price. Could anyone give me some advise to what motor I should get (front sump, middle sump or rear sump) and what gearbox maybe suited W5 series or R154. Any advice would be awesome guys, installation, extra upgrades (bigger brakes etc).

Thanks for all your help :)

Attachments

• carputer.jpg
    carputer.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 7
first of all i'm pretty sure it's illegal to fit an new engine to chassis that is older than the original engine.

so it ould more than likely have to be a 4.3L 3UZFE ($$$) or a the 1UG engine (again, $$$).

or, you could just sell the NA S15 and buy a turbo model for a lot less headache.

Personally an RB30 would be much easier! A mate is doing that right now... he was going for VH45 but went the RB30 way...

Its obviously not illegal to do the conversion you are talking about as long as you get a cert...

A mate did an S13 1UZ, went pretty good as a drift car.

PS if you are going NA, then get a W weries box. This conversion will be at least as expensive as an SR20DET, probably a bit more in fact even though motor and box (SR) go for $4K.

Thought about doing an NA-T? A mate races one and loves the response...

PS if you are going NA, then get a W weries box. This conversion will be at least as expensive as an SR20DET, probably a bit more in fact even though motor and box (SR) go for $4K.

Thought about doing an NA-T? A mate races one and loves the response...

Well the main reason I'm wanting to do this is because I just want something different. One of my mates can help with the install so fabrication and labour won't be much. I've thought about turboing the NA but it's a waste of money for me I think, if I wanted more horses then I'll end up going to a SR20DET anyway. Thanks anyway.

Hello peeps

New to this so please be gentle ;P

I have a S15 Silvia and wanting to put in a 1UZFE V8. Currently I have a non turbo SR20DE 5 spd. I've been told to "put this" and "do that" but to tell you the truth, the V8 option does make my mouth drool. I could go for the SR20DET turbo motor, but that's going to cost an arm and a leg, whereas I could pick up a 1UZFE engine + box for less than half price. Could anyone give me some advise to what motor I should get (front sump, middle sump or rear sump) and what gearbox maybe suited W5 series or R154. Any advice would be awesome guys, installation, extra upgrades (bigger brakes etc).

Thanks for all your help :)

Ok let me help you with some of the costs and parts...

Engine $800-900
R154 box $1600
Bellhousing $650
Clutch from $400-1400
Flywheel $350-550
Driveshaft $200
Maintenance parts for the motor $500
ECU (Link or Link Plus G3) circa $2000
Loom $400-1000 (depending on sheathing and connectors)
Water and fuel hoses and hardware etc $500
Intake filter $100
Clutch master cylinder? $200
Engine mounts $200-500 (depends on the mounts)
Gearbox mounts $100-200
Dyno Tuning $500-700
Exhaust $300-1000
Fuel lines $50-300

Total probably around NZD10,000 minimum without any labour and I am probably missing some things.

I guess thats one way to go, you could do it cheaper with a W series etc.

To the Aussies.

Remember this is NZ and the rules are not quite as tight as ours.

They don't need cats (they have sheep and lots of em!) which suggests almost anything goes.

fixed for you:ponder:
Ok let me help you with some of the costs and parts...

Engine $800-900
w5* box $300
Bellhousing $650
Clutch from $400-1400
Flywheel $350-550
Driveshaft $200
Maintenance parts for the motor $500
ECU (microtech) $1700 installed and tuned
Water and fuel hoses and hardware etc $500
Intake filter $100
Clutch master cylinder? $200
Engine mounts $200-500 (depends on the mounts)
Gearbox mounts $100-200
Exhaust $300-1000
Fuel lines - stock is fine

comes out a little cheaper

Yes, using cheaper parts makes the project cheaper, and using a Microtech ruins drivability... and I doubt highly you can get one installed and dyno tuned for NZD1700 unless they makes a plug and play version which according to their site they dont.

my cars have run fine with microtech's it just needs to be tuned properly.
I can get microtech's for AUD$1100 + 600 for wiring and tuning.

The great thing about a silvia is the parts avaliable for them. I beleive the SR20DET would be cheaper as it is more of a engine swap compared to a conversion and the motor is designed to go into the hole. The V8 would give the WOW factory but I think be slower. It is hard to find good SRs as many have had a hard life I frequently find them blowing up - which is fairly common for older turbo engines when they start having the boost increased.
Search on here for other silvias that have been done and read the threads carefully. There was a reasonable S13 done in Christchurch and overseas plenty of 240Sx are getting converted.
Brakes should be upgraded to turbo brakes for both conversions and don't forget the Cert fee of around $400-450
I feel that the better parts fitted the better the job but no need to go overboard. R154 would be awesome - W57/58 would be great and w55 would be ok but will pop if abused too much.
I all depends on how much you can do yourself and how good you are at finding good people to do the stuff you can't do - cheapest isn't always the best and then again you don't need to go excessive and try to do things once - reworking something costs money.
Both need plenty of planning

For some reason we put 300ZX twin turbo running gear under a S13 - now theres a mission

Cheers

That S13 you are talking about was done by some of my mates. It was a pretty capable drift car in the end.

PS you are right about the gearboxes, he used a W55 and it was fine. All relative to torque goals...

We have done a VG30DETT into an S13 and that goes well and another guy down here in Hamilton has a VQ30DET in a S15 which goes well. It's not hard to spend 10k doing a nice conversion. I put over that in parts into mine. The S13 has that much value under the four gaurds. Cheers

To the Aussies.

Remember this is NZ and the rules are not quite as tight as ours.

They don't need cats (they have sheep and lots of em!) which suggests almost anything goes.
And you wounder why the rules are so tight over the ditch..considering over there they are all crims..:swordfight: they need the structure to keep them all in line..hehe and here we go again..you have more sheep then us......and from what i've heard they get abused more regulary..hehe Oh and where did aus come in the sevens..Oo thought so..