V8 Hi-Lux

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

supertrux

Hi Guys,

I have posted here before, but not for a while.
Anyhoo, I have been reading up on the conversions, and keep seeing "Dellows & Venom" mentioned, but have not been able to find a link for either of them. Can you help me as I want to order a couple of installation kits?

Thanks again guys..

Hi all.

I'm happy to say it's my Surf that's getting the V8 treatment by Supertrux.

I'm off tonight to buy a 1UZ-FE with auto box and ancilliaries out of a Soarer. Hopefully the A343H auto I have in the Surf will mate up without too much trouble. I think the plan is to use a Venom loom and stock ECU as it should be able to shift the 343H.

Can't wait to get going and have the old girl running again!

I am in the process of doing my conversion with the Surf's A343F auto gearbox and having some difficulties for it (all worth it though).

Be careful expecting the stock ECU to control your auto. The standard autos that came with the 1UZs are very similar to the A343 but they have 6 pin plugs to control the solenoids. The A343 only has 3.

Scott, from Venom, is currently wiring up my loom to use a stock 1UZ ecu for the engine with some leads going into my Surf's original ECU to control the transmission.

Also, the gearbox does not mate up as standard. There are some changes needed, such as the bellhousing, the drive shaft and the oil pump. Some other bits. Can send you a list if you need it (I bought my transmission alreadt modified but he told me what was done). IT involves frankensteining a standard 2WD 1UZ transmission to the A343.

Also, the gearbox does not mate up as standard. There are some changes needed, such as the bellhousing, the drive shaft and the oil pump. Some other bits. Can send you a list if you need it (I bought my transmission alreadt modified but he told me what was done). IT involves frankensteining a standard 2WD 1UZ transmission to the A343.
That would be useful info mate, cheers. I bought my 1UZ with the auto box attached so should have all the parts necessary.

You can alter the a343f to fit up to the 1uz and you will have issues with sending speed signals to the ecu to control the transmission. Or you can keep the a341e which came with the 1uz and fit it to the surf transfer and you will have all the correct signals going between the ecu and the auto.
The output shaft of the a341e has the same spline as the output shaft from the a343f auto to transfer. You will need to drill and tap another hole in the rear of the a341e to fit the transfer adapter and alter the sensor hole in the transfer adapter to accept the different speed sensor and adjust the clearance between sensor and rotor.

i have wired up 1uzs into surfs but when the surf is auto it can turn into a pain in the butt

are you goin to use the surf factory auto ecu

or will u use the 1uz ecu to do the auto

the surf auto ecu uses a funny throttle signal for kickdown
a customer of mine said mechanically it can be done
i just had probs electrically especially that he did not have the factory surf harness so i can see where some wires went

i got engine runnin but runnin the surf auto ecu i could not get it to kick down

he went manual in the end and said its much much better

madmount is right with the speed sensors

i think u will have fuin getting them to work

end of the day i think its easier to use 1uz gbox and make it 2 wheel drive

cause 1uzs need speed signals they are very crucial and making adapters to fit this and that if not done properly will just cause on and off problems down th e track

just my 2 cents from past experiences with 1uzs and shitty surfs

what price is the venom loom and is it fully plug into your loom?

The Venom Loom is $900 if you supply the 1UZ loom (original). I didn't have one so it cost an additional $150.

I supplied Scott with the plugs for my auto box and that is when he identified the 6 wire, 3 wire thing (my trans has 3 wires controlling the solenoids and he showed me all the 1UZ trans he has in stock with 6 wires controlling the same.

This is when he decided to use my stock surf ECU to control the auto.

ok so he is using the surf auto ecu to control auto
and not the 1uz ecu for the auto

just ask him if he has used a surf auto 1uz before as they have different throttle signals and i have heard it also has something to do with the injection pump

and this is why i could not get the one i did to kick down gears

so hopefully he knows bout this problem
cause info on the surf is hard to find

this is only for the 2.5 2lt diesel engine

That would be the 2.4l diesel but on the question wether he has done them before - he referenced having done 1 auto before which I assume, based on the discussion, was on a Surf or Hilux. He mentioned it wa a bit of a **** fight but he got it going good.

Troubleshooting is covered under that price.

We were originally going to go with the single AT 1UZ ecu but yeah, he was having trouble and changed his mind. He was good about it though. I had already sold my Surf AT ECU to a guy putting a 2.4 2LT into a suzuki. That guy was using a manual GBox so he just flipped me a MT Surf ECU from the same year model so I could keep that committment.

Attachments

• IMG_0307.JPG
    IMG_0307.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0312.JPG
    IMG_0312.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0309.JPG
    IMG_0309.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0311.JPG
    IMG_0311.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 41
Thats good info,
I am in the USA ,

Most of the 4Runners here are V-6 (usuallly with a blown head gasket) and an auto.

I would rather have a 5 speed, but would be way less $$ to use the auto that comes with the Lex donor car.
Since I would have to buy the 5 speed, bellhousing, clutch & from what I read, a new ECU.

Can you do a tech writeup on all the exact steps to fit the Lex auto in the truck?
So someone on the otherside of the world would be able to do it?

Like where you show the rotor that needs to be shortened, and fixed to the shaft.
How much do you need to shorten it?
and how did you fix it to the shaft?

I have transplanted a 90 Ford EFI V-8 into a 74 Bronco, so I can handle the wiring if I have instructions.