UCF20 LS400 - Stereo wiring info?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

gmacrae

Hi guys. I've searched high and low for info i can make sense of but am only more confused.

I'm installing a new Pioneer single din head unit into my 95 LS400 (UCF20). It has the factory stereo system, pioneer head unit and god knows how many amps running god knows what. I want to get the new head unit running all the stock speakers and sub/amp. If anyone can help me answer a couple of these questions I'd really appreciate it;

1) Does the stock head unit power all the door speakers?
2) Are there x-overs for splitting the power to the front mids/tweeters?
3) Does the amp (under pass seat? in trunk?) just power the sub?
4) Is anyone able to point me to a pinout diagram of this stock pioneer head unit? (would be a huge help)

Thanks for any pointers you can give, i'm seriously lost :boggled:

Gene

http://www.lextreme.com/Lexradio.pdf

That UCF10 diagram doesn't apply to mine unfortunately... I've pulled the interior out of the boot/trunk and cant find an amp back there... just one under the drivers seat. I'm hoping the head unit powers the door speakers directly and just uses the amp for the sub? This sure would make things more straightforward. Anyone have any wiring info for the UCF20?

Dude that is one clean LS, nice project! and welcome to the forum.

I managed to dump over 6K into my trunk over the last year. When I finally got a replacement I had a double din alpine screen that i needed to install. It's VERY hard/time consuming to re-route the amps to cooperate with the deck that already has amplified leads. Doing so would cost more than an aftermarket 4-channel amp. Easiest way to start a system in LS is to just get ignition + ground and go from there. I used my stock 4'' speakers off a JL amp and they held up for 3 months and that was triple the rated speaker power. getting a deck + amp and wiring to the speakers should be a full day. Hardest part IMO is the interior removal/install. Pretty much everything aside form seats needs to come out to hide wiring but in the end your car will be 10x easier to work on in the future.

I don't have wiring info but if you go under Lextreme.com under info, there should be ucf20 specs. it's not under tutorials.

But honestly you'll have a nightmare trying to re-route the 15 watt RMS amps to the speakers, I have no idea how you would attach those stock amps to RCA ports... the wiring off the back already has rated power.

Rewire the lot you say? yep thought i'd end up doing that... damn.

Thanks for your reply man, and the kind words, she's a tidy old girl but not quite at the stage i want her just yet... some good sounds are a definite must, though im so impressed by the factory setup, especially considering its 12 years old.

Looks like i've got some work to do :frown:

Cheers

Gene

I must say, i have over-hauled my system 3 times now. In the end I decided to keep the stock speaker pods and the 4'' setup. I replaced the speakers with MB quart "Q" 4'' and in those pioneer speaker pods they sounded much better then the previous setup that had 6.5'' in sealed doors. School of hard knocks, i should have remembered engineers (lots of them) made those pods perfect for that car and they sound 10x better with an amp hooked up even with the stock speakers in there. I would say a deck + good 4-channel + good 4'' speakers and i bet you'll love they way it comes out.