Project Thread Twin Turbo 1UZFE into HQ Coupe

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Nice article Mike

How is the car going these days anyway?

As well as still investigating going TT on my Soarer, ive now got my old man interested in dropping a 1UZ into the WB ute he's getting on the road :)

He's a character for sure and not backward in coming forward if you know what i mean :)

LoL thats Saf alright, not shy about speaking his mind at all.
One of the smartest car guys I have ever met.

Car is going well, but soon to change the exhaust housings on the turbos to a bigger A/R, should help with the compressor surge as well as move the boost up the rev range.

this is my first post so hey guys.
very cool set up hillbilly, makes me want to rush in and do my project tomrrow. power is beautiful. are there any places in aus, particularly queensland, that sells forged internals that can take the 1000hp+ range?
ive already got the info to make this power but im wondering if there are parts readily avalable.
cheeers guys

This was sent to me by Zuffen
I think he still has a couple of Argo sets sitting around at home!

They're the standard Argo billet rods.

The are machined from billet and will stand 200hp per rod @ 9,000rpm.

They have the standard rod length and journal sizes togeter with the corrct offset big
end.

Nice rod and they weigh a bit less than standard.

Last time I checked the Argo price was $2850 + GST. I've got them at $1340.00 deliverd
to your door.

I finally woke up and realized that Hillbilly had relocated the side feed throttle body on an early 1UZ air inlet chamber to the front feed shown in his photo with the twin turbo.

Hillbilly, how did this work out for you?

Hay Hillbilly U still kicking? I like the idea of FI but how legal is it here in Western Australia? Have you had the beast over the pits yet? I haven't yet got mine checked over with the boys in blue.

Hillbilly was @ this years Motorvation.. wot a nice car to see in person. congrats.

Link to all the photos i took on the day
http://www.fordcortina.net/pix/Motorvation2008/

Heres some pix of Hillbilly.. (theyres more in the folder)

HILLBILLY-1.jpg

HILLBILLY-3.jpg

Thought I had better do an update on whats been happening with my car.

cyberdiamond... I actually ended up changing the turbo's to Garrett GT 2870, this has moved the boost up about 1000 in the rev range so it comes on boost at about 3000 rpm. Have yet to get it retuned so still running the old tune that was 15psi with the smaller turbo's. Dont know if the larger turbo's would have made it boost less or not, but the dyno run at Motorvation (local car show) it made 457 RWHP on a day that was 38 degrees c . Went to a local drag event on the weekend and ran a 12.00 flat so needless to say i was pretty happy.

andrew k... I moved the TB basically so i could get more room for the turbo setup, it works fine I dont know how efficiant or not it is compared to the original position.

P100_Ute... nice pics you got of my car at Motorvation and thanks for the comment. Also the Orange HQ with the front mount you have a picture of, is the car I built for my son. It is running a RB25 DET nissan six, goes nice and hard too, trouble is the little bugger wants me to swap it for a 2JZ setup :)

RUFFAZZ

Gday hillbilly,
I have moved to perth now and hav seen your car,very very nice,well done. I have the black 2wd hilux with blown 4.0,only went in burnout comp but had a great weekend drivin it,i hope to be having 500rwhp for the burnouts next year and stick it to the blown alcohol big block boys,i think you'll know who they are.
12sec in a hq with 4.0ltrs is good going.

Currently trying to find the pics on P100-Ute index and found this and had to post...

This is just HOT>>>

Models-2.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0519 (Large).jpg
    IMG_0519 (Large).jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 14
HillBilly,

That is a beautiful car and excellent workmanship. VERY nice indeed!

I have never seen a 1971 Holden HQ and I can't help but think about my first car a 1971 Pontiac GT37 LeMans. The LeMans was the base car on which the famous GTO "Goat" was built. They all came with 140mph speedometers just like the GTO.

Anyway, here is a picture of a 71 LeMans (not my car) to show the design similarities.

2945599_1_full.jpg

2945599_2_full.jpg

Compared to your HQ

attachment.php

HILLBILLY-Cruisin.jpg

Wow, Old thread, How did I miss this one?
Really Scott, not only did you miss this, so did I....Fantastic build!!

Currently trying to find the pics on P100-Ute index and found this and had to post...

This is just HOT>>>
John, makes me want to move to Australia. Wow!!
Models-2.jpg

Hillbilly was @ this years Motorvation.. wot a nice car to see in person. congrats.

Link to all the photos i took on the day
http://www.fordcortina.net/pix/Motorvation2008/

Heres some pix of Hillbilly.. (theyres more in the folder)

HILLBILLY-1.jpg

HILLBILLY-3.jpg

Was going to get some Argo rods but funds are just too tight at the moment so will go with a set of early ones, which i picked up for next to nothing from a mate.
After spending near on $15 000 on this conversion my wife is getting a bit pissed off with me, already put off the europe holiday once, next thing will be a divorce :)

Bautiful, beautiful car. Fantastic job!!

Motor is standard bore size, so it has not been rebuilt with later rods.
First pic is broken rod with what appears a good one next to it.
Second pic is side view of good one, we thought lol.
Third one is of top of piston.
These rods measure exactly the same as 2uz and 3uz rods as quoted by Lextreme.

Nice to know the limitis from real world experience on the UZ motors and stock internals, as well as the misconception a lot of us had regarding the rods.

Ryan

Attachments

• P1010005.jpg
    P1010005.jpg
    365.8 KB · Views: 28
Badass!!!! I'm glad my motor is a 1992- I'm running about the same turbos! Great to know the potential!!!!!!
If only my TT were complete... Btw, that woman is soooo freakin' FINE. Oh man.