Tricking the ECU with 5 Speed Tranny

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
well personally yr wasting your time

i have wired up over 50 1uzs and afew are ls400s and manual aswell

and have never had a problem i could not figure out when the car has a manual gbox

any thing u read on here regarding tricking the ecu cause of manual gbox is because the person doin the wiring is not a professional or has not done this before and does not spend days and days trying to figure it out

anyway its your decision

do more research and see how u go

Sideshow, do you have a counter part in the united states? Well, really i mean is there anyone you know in the U.S. who is reasonably priced that can handle 1uz wiring? I would consider making my sc400 manual (especially now that development of trans adapters is going on here), but those who have done it haven't had electronic success. The guy on club lexus vssc400?, says his dash is now light up like a Christmas tree, trac does not work, and cruise control does not work. The mechanical work of these type of swap doesn't bother me, but do you think there is anyone over here that could handle those type of problems? I would just get annoyed having the check engine light on, or imagine what it would be like trying to sell a car with those problems.

well personally yr wasting your time

i have wired up over 50 1uzs and afew are ls400s and manual aswell

and have never had a problem i could not figure out when the car has a manual gbox

any thing u read on here regarding tricking the ecu cause of manual gbox is because the person doin the wiring is not a professional or has not done this before and does not spend days and days trying to figure it out

anyway its your decision

do more research and see how u go

I am doing research now. What would you, as a professional, suggest I should do? I have someone who can physically put the motor in the car properly, but wiring it up to work with the w58 is questionable.

as a pro i would say send it to someone who knows what to do

whether its an auto or a manual i do no wired it up any differently except for inhibitor

like i always say i do not know why people think there is probs when not runnin an auto it is just a myth

if its wired right then yr fine

i have only come across 2 probs in over 50 1uzs any they where not hard to figure out

u can s end loom to me and ill wire it with only afew wires left for u to connect

This is a great informational thread...

This one should be worthy of the Lextreme hall of fame... Great for those looking to swap in the 5 speed r154's or for that matter the V160 trannies and are concerned about electrical ECU crap.......

Kyle, It's a spare I got from a warantee replacement. We found out later that the shifting problems it was causing was not from a defective transmission but from using GL-5 lube instead of the preferred GL-4. It works fine but I have no use for it at this time, I wonder if it would be suitable for my 1UZ swap on my 83 Celica:33: what do you guys think?

Barry, the 6 Speed came optioned (maybe even standard) on all 05+ V6 Tacomas, and 05-06 Tundra V6s. even the 4x4s, but those are obviously a different version of the AY6. The AY6 is also used in a couple Australian cars (Toyota Prado, Holden Commodore) and the first generation Cadillac CTS V6.

Haha, sounds intense.

Not really, I just dont want my friends at the dealership to get in trouble. But at the bottom line I got a low mile used AY6 and theyre good for about 400 ft-lbs. Not sure how they like to be spun at high RPMs. I dont know much about it other than its a new design and its all aluminum. weighs about 120lbs dry.