Thermostat housing options.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Doug68

Next question....

I need the thermostat housing to point up and to the right rather than left as standard (see below).
The housing can't be rotated 180 to fit either.

So does anyone know of a part that'd work or will I have to make one?

Thermohousing.jpg

Thanks,

Doug.

Why do you want it to point UP ???
It connects to the BOTTOM of the radiator, it is water into the engine !

Don't know about the car you have but every car i have ever worked on the thermostat goes to the top of the radiator not the bottom. Water pump supply to the bottom.

most jap/euro stuff from about the nineties have thermostat is the bottom hose,it regulates temp entering the engine instead of whats coming out.

Why do you want it to point UP ???
It connects to the BOTTOM of the radiator, it is water into the engine !

Well the engine is in the middle of the car and the radiator is at the front, lying flat.

I need to turn the outlet from the thermostat immediately as there very little room between it and the firewall at the rear of the passenger compartment.

Essentially I need it to go over the top of the other cooling hose, which aslo will make a sharp left turn from the engin.

Bram, thanks for the drawing, that'll help.

Doug68

Those housings are made of plastic.
The best way would be to make 1 up out off alloy.
Its not that hard if you know someone with a welder?

I made 1 up out of alloy to replace the plastic 1, made a base plate out of alloy using the original housing as a templete then found a alloy neck from a different car then cut an weld together. i had to do this as the original housing cracked when we doing a base tune on car before dyno
Dual TB's, Whiteline swapbars, 97 RZ Supra brakes, Airbag & controller

You have not worked on a Lexus yet - have you ??

Have a look a an LS or a Soarer !

You got me there. No i don't work on late model cars ,just use the running gear. The rad hose issue is something that i just took for granted and set up like all the other stuff i have done but will have to look at changing my setup now although have not had any cooling problems at all. Just goes to show you are never too old to learn:bigok: :bigok:

made this about 5 hrs ago took me aout 2hrs to do all it needs now is to go on the milling machine and shes good to go wouldnt be hard to make it on the angle u need.

should be the last post mate

http://lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?p=110381#post110381
i used 10mm plate for the base, holesawed a hole out at 51mm, used a peice of 50x3mm pipe in the bottome part, a peice of 40x3mm as the inlet/outlet tigged it together give it a sand and a polish for wank factor