Custom fabricated Thermostat housing?? (Metal)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

UZZ-TT

Hi,

Does anyone know of a metal thermostat housing for the 1UZ-FE on the market, OR, know the easiest way to fabricate one? Ideas??

I need the pipe to be pointing in a different direction away from the Y pipe on my TT setup.

I haven't gotten around to actually making it yet but i have a design for a remote thermostat housing witch would allow the removal of the water bridge altogether. this is something ill be putting a little time in shortly

I haven't forgotten you want your bracket as well, just too much on my plate atm.

jack can you perhaps point out how you would achieve that?

It would be very VERY VVVEEEERRRYYY convinient for me to NOT have the front waterbridge in place.
I just cannot find a coolant flowchart of the 1uzfe, I do have them for most 4cyl toyota but not the 8cylinder.
I thought of modifying it , but it would be much better to not have it all in that location. the passage after modi seems to small in my eyes.

in the note of givving an awnser.

Buy a small piece of 5mm alloy plate, and cut out a flange of it, then get a piece of bend alloy tube in the right diameter and weld it on in the right direction.
or turn one up in a lathe and or mill on out of billet if you have acces to the machines.

otherwise make an adaptorplate out of 5mm alloy plate. of you fit it by using countersunk screws and cut a small gasket out of gasket paper, that shoul be the esiest way to do that, when mountening it up you should use a little of the blue sticky stuff.
would take an hour or so making this using a dremel type tool, small benchdrill (or hand), hacksaw, a file, and 1 M8 metric thread tap.

Grtz Thomas

Thomas, I dont want to let out to much information on it as it was jakes idea and I was working on the design and drawings for it, but basically its just a housing that is remotely connected to the engine using braided lines or hoses...

UZZ-TT, if you just need a basic redesigned housing cover, let me know what you need and I can do the drawings for it for you to make it easier to have someone build for you or you build it yourself if you have the means...

If you needed, I could probably build it for you...

well basically like Chris said, I was thinking how nice it would be to not have the bridge there, i came up with a simple drawing Chris caded it for me, Ive yet to cut one but its on my list of things to make soon. basically its a housing for a stock thermostat with 3 ports, this aloows the thermostat to go where ever you would like it, and retain the stock flow but loose the water bridge for what ever reason you want, low mount supercharger, front facing intake manifold, or what ever.

if your not in too much of a hurry i might have one made in the next few weeks i can send you a few pics if its somthing you like i can make another.

Chris, that would be GREAT.. I will PM you to talk specifics. [I have pictures of how it needs to look exactly.]

Thanks very much to everyone that posted, I really want to see what that relocation T stat would look like Jake... I can't picture it exactly.. ;)
Is it possible to make a coolant line shoot off of the idea that I can't picture? (A Y or T fitting going to each turbo)

-Zach

hmmm looks like a welding session is in order then.

I will try and make 3 flanges and connect everything up on the original bridge.

I was wondering if anyone has a flowchart of (from the factory workshop manual)???

Grtz Thomas

I took out the rear waterbrigde to allow for my intercooler water lines to enter the rear of the intake. I laser cut some plates and attached AN-16 lines to them. Pics coming soon.
I also made a all aluminium Thermostat housing. Pics will be up soon I hope.

If you guys are making a water bridge delete, I could send you geometery for the plate that bolts to the water port. I have a perfect one all layed out.

Looking forward to seeing this guys. That water bridge most definitely takes up a lot of space. I may need to get one too.

Jake, can you send those CAD drawings so we can see them?

CJ let's see them made up and ready to sell!

Scott, looking forward to your pics.

Zach thanks for bringing up the whole subject.

Ryan

Here are some thermostat housing dimensions that may be helpful. Add what ever kind of Spigot you want. This design is made to spin it on a lathe then take it to the mill to shape the flange.
neck.jpg

Attachments

• SCSide4.jpg
    SCSide4.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 6
  • SCSide3.jpg
    SCSide3.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 6
Nice ideas everybody! Can't wait to see the results of some of these projects. Please post up here with concept pictures/drawings Jake and Scott! (Or anyone)*
Right now I have an A/N T-fitting that runs into two lines out to the Garretts... I have a place I was 'going' to get the feed from no problem, but if there are ideas with this new concept of a bridge deletion and moving of the T-stat, please post up what might work the best as far as tapping into that for the Turbos! Simplistic ideas=Best ;)
Here's how things are looking at the moment:
PHSSSHHUZZTT.jpg

ACCESONUZZTT.jpg

PSHHHHUZZTT.jpg

Here is the custom water bridge. AN-16 line connects them.

DSCF2016.jpg
DSCF2015.jpg
DSCF2018.jpg
DSCF2022.jpg
DSCF2023.jpg
DSCF2024.jpg
DSCF2025.jpg
DSCF2026.jpg
Last, I had some small lift lugs laser cut to get rid of the big ugly hooks.
DSCF2020.jpg

Very hard to beat that, looks PERFECT..

Anyone else have different designs to post up?
[Front or rear bridges, aluminum/steel Thermostat housings.]
CAD files, sketches, pics, anything might be helpful to people in the future looking for ideas.

I've solved mine different,

I took the bridge to the mill, and machined an angle and the rear top part out of it, about 11- 15mm, then welded that shut with a piece of angle ally,

went pretty well, despite the fact that the cast alloy a pretty nasty stuff to weld onto T6 (not a pro here remember) will make pictures after my vacation to portugal next week.

I also like the AN set up though.

grtz Thomas