Tension Pully

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Alan Whitaker

Hi All.
Is there a tensioner pulley that works in the opposite way , I only have an alternator, as you can see its a tight fit but a good fit, only prob is no way to tension it with the existing tensioner.
Will the spring turn around?, not pulled it off yet , has anybody got a picture of one from the back

Alan

Attachments

• Alternator.JPG
    Alternator.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 51
on my supra I'm just running the alternator also, and all i did, was remeove the top bolt so that the alternator swings out, and then use a datsun alternator bracket and flip it upside down. Then just use a nissan vq ac belt.

Ive seen the alternator converted to pivot. Also seen two broken mounts ( and heard of other) where the alternator bolts on as a result so have converted both back to normal with a better tensioner. As its the front cover its a bit tricky to repair.

I used to run alt only with a adjustable alt to tension the belt. I used a 4pk belt as i couldnt find any 6pk in that short a length all though not an issue it easil;y take the load.

Hi.
Not enough room at the side to make it adjustable, only 6 mm clearance between the chassis and the alternator + only 110 mm diameter, 120 amp alternator as space is tight.

Alan

Done it for £30 of $50 all in, Machined off the old adjuster so I could mount a ford Granada manual tensioner to a ally plate, Just to see if it would work I made up a test with a piece of 10mm scrap steel.
Will do a nice one when I get some alluminium.
I will have to replace the studs or make some top hat nuts but all in all I think it will work ok, I have to use a 5PK X170 belt as the alternator is a 5 pully.

Attachments

• P7280443.JPG
    P7280443.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 11
  • P7280444.JPG
    P7280444.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 34
  • P7280445.JPG
    P7280445.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 9
  • P7280446.JPG
    P7280446.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 11
Sorry,

Got to this one a bit late but we have reversed the accessory belt tension on two 1UZFE using the standard tesnioner.

We stripped down the tensioner, tapped a new bolt hole in the central pivot stud and changed the orientation of the internal spring by drilling a new detent hole in the casing so that the spring was turned 180 degrees.

Works extremely well, for over 6500 miles now, and the tensioner looks stock.

I'd seen Thor's solution at their workshop and whilst I admire their engineering the cost of the parts was a little expensive.

May not help you but it may help someone else.

Cheers,

Tony