Throttle body extension

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

kevbarlas

Im currently in the process of fitting a 1uzfe into my Ford Tahmes van that im restoring.

mtnfva.jpg

Unfortunately the throttle body exits where i will be sitting so i came up with the idea of using three 90 degree stainless bends to create an extension between the air manifold and the throttle body. Which would look a little like this. The extension will have a volume of around 2.5 litres.

acwh7a.jpg

2zhfuxh.jpg

Ive had a few mixed opinions from some people saying that it will ruin the throttle response completely, a little bit and that it wont really make a huge difference. Does anyone here have an opinion on the matter?

Have you considered blanking the original TB flange off?. Then bore a hole in the top of the plenum near the middle. One 90 degree bend to weld in and you are done.

At the end of the day if it did effect the throttle response (which I doubt you would notice) it's still better than sitting on a throttle body which quite frankly would be a pain in the arse.

Thanks for the info and suggestion. I have thought about blocking the original and adding the TB flange to the top but if i could do the extension with out having noticeable response then id rather do that. The van is going to spend about 90% of its time driven normally through town and on the motorway.

Lill daddy :- You have given me a nice bit of optimism :), don't suppose you have a build thread do you? What car is your motor in?

No sorry I dont have a build thread... I have more photos though if your interested... My conversion is in a Toyota Hiace super custom van, there are quite a few of them floating around NZ now... but i do love it.... I've probably put 30'000 km's on my van with my intake set up and never had a problem...

My wife and i were reading your build thread last night and having a giggle as we are much the same re "the clicky thing" and the "enthusiastic helper" pic Haha