TB Coolant Bypass

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

spf_lexus

Just curious guys but I have mine bypassed and my car takes forever to warm up. Wasn't an issue here in CA but now i'm in a 5000ft elevation that gets down to 0 degrees at night. I also keep getting a TRAC light on my dash but once the car has been driven for an hour it goes away all day until I let it get cold over night in these Colorado winters. Should I be re-attaching mine?

why are you lopping the lines, its so much cleaner to cap them or better yet pull out the metal nipple and press in a plug. I have mine removed as well as do i have everything removed from my motor thats not required to go.

edit: haha i just knoticed 5 year thread revival!

I could care less about the 1% hp increase... I was just too sick of messing with the lines every time I work on my car. I admit it's probably not too smart at these cold temps so I will reattach them.

Yeah quite the old one! Figure these have to be revived from time to time for noobs like me :p

normally that is there to keep the butterfly from freezing open in cold conditions. i had it happen on my lawn mower. different engine but same theory.

^^ correct.
Same reason as why they heat the ISCV as well, it can also freeze up.

I removed the lines from both the TB and ISCV while cleaning up my 1UZ.
I also used a die-grinder to remove the passage ways from the TB and ISCV, so they look clean.
Here in South Australia, there is little chance of them freezing up :)