Supra Brake

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
The center hole is an issue, but not one that will cause a vibration. the hole being to large alows the rotor to to possibly be out of center in a radial direction by 1mm in either direction. this should not cause any vibrations. Some will argue that the rotor being offcenter at all will cause an balance issue, but this is not the case cause most rotors are not very well balanced to begin with from the factory.

Are the the vibrations accuring during braking at high speeds or while driving?

Mmmm, an off center rotor sets up a rotational force called an unbalanced couple when it spins. Not a good thing, especially for the wheel bearings. No one would mount an engine flywheel offcenter, so why allow it with a brake rotor?

Here's a photo of a rotor adaptor ring which is similar to a hubcentric ring in that it helps to center the rotor on the hub.

And here's a link to an article about upgrading the Lexus brakes, and using this centering ring:

http://www.turbomagazine.com/tech/0104tur_lexusbrakes/

"Centering rings" - Cribbs your the best!!!!!......Thanks

Question: I would think when the rotor is installed that the Studs would keep the rotor reasonalby centered? Then torquing down the lug nuts would even bring the rotor more to center and set it into a permenant centering position? I guess my theory is wrong as there must be some play or displacement going on somewhere. How about installing temporary tiny even balanced shims rather then a centering ring just to position and center the rotor before torquing it all down? Wondering if there is another alternative method I can use until the centering rings arrive. I am a contractor and I use wood and metal shims to center and position all kinds of things like door jams, window frames, etc.... Just thinking of something that may work "Jerry Rig" or "Mickey Mouse" style.. These are American "terms" for easy cheap fixes that professional mechanic's would not recommend doing. A good example wood be like duct taping a radiator hose wear a small leak was, or sticking a peace of bubble gum to hold on the front bumper (Ok I am getting silly now) See ya-

cribbj said:
Mmmm, an off center rotor sets up a rotational force called an unbalanced couple when it spins. Not a good thing, especially for the wheel bearings. No one would mount an engine flywheel offcenter, so why allow it with a brake rotor?

Here's a photo of a rotor adaptor ring which is similar to a hubcentric ring in that it helps to center the rotor on the hub.

And here's a link to an article about upgrading the Lexus brakes, and using this centering ring:

http://www.turbomagazine.com/tech/0104tur_lexusbrakes/
Those centering rings was in my mind but anybody knows where to order those one millimeter thick metal rings with 60mm center hole?

PS. It is excatly same thing with the rims ... you "have to have" those always centered for example with centering ring (many times now plastic ones)

I figured out a way to fix two problems with one solution - Yesterday I had wheel adapters made in front of my eyes for my rear rims and tires. They machined a small lip on the adapter for added strength. Here is my thinking, I am going to need 1/2 inch spacers anyway on the fronts to clear the Supra Calipers, so I will have a 60mm Center hole spacer/adapter made with a thin lip on both sides, one for centering the Supra rotor and the other for the rim and wheel strength. Here is an example pic of the adapters I had made yesterday from wheeladapter.com, if you look carefully you will notice the lip they machined at the center hole area.. Got the idea yet? They take orders on line and ship, price for 1/2 inch custom made spacers should be around $50 for each...

I haven't done the swapping with the Supra rotors on my SC, but I believe the Supra rotors center holes fit exactly on the SC spindles or center bores. And if the Supra rotors have the same center holes as the SC, then there's no need for any adapter rings. However, if you mentioned the rings that sit outside of the rotors, and that rings are required to fit the custom rims on the SC spindles, then that's a different story. But if you need the spacers to tuck out the rims, then that's when they're necessary. Also, I heard that the rim spacers are required for the rims to tuck out for the clearance between the rims and the Supra TT calipers.

John, I wished that I had decided to use 1" spacers with the studs on them from the beginning. I had to replaced my stock SC wheel studs with the ARP studs to fit the 1/2" spacers. And now I want my rims to tuck out 1/2" more. I spent more $$ than I should have.

Sorry Steve, the wheel adaptors were the best call for my situation, I really wanted to avoid pounding out the stock wheel studs and installing the IS longer studs. Too much work, had to go with the adaptors and it is still a very tight fit in these wheel wells here is a picture.

sorta off topic but can anyone give me some hard numbers on the rotor specs? to be accurate the disk thickness, i can't rely on these 1.25" as its to vague/innacurate and the difference is significant 30mm vs 32mm.

I have a pair of mk4 supra n/a rotors here and measured to 32mm, other sites claims it's 30mm so im not sure who to follow anymore. does anyone have any hard numbers on these following cars?

LS430 and Supra TT, the over all hat height would be nice too as im trying to piece together my own brake it for the mr2.

rotors NEED to be hubcentric, the lugs do NOTHING to keep the rotor centred, and as the vector that acts on the rotor sits offset, it will perpetually shift the rotor around on whatever axis it can find. no amount of clamping force froma wheel hub will hold it down. centering rings is the olny way to sort this

the wheels on the other hand do NOT need to be hub centric as the lug nuts are tapered and all the load is taken up. centering rings (as noted often being plastic) simply help locate the wheel for easy fitment.

Recently did a Supra TT brake upgrade on my GS300...
2000287226501105261_fs.jpg

Had to use spacers too:

2000270897640325335_fs.jpg

The spacers will go once I get new wheels (looking for f:19x9 r:19x12)...

Braking is perfect !....