supra soarer brake transplant

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

vineetnaidu

Does any one know if the supra tt mkiv brake setup 2 pot front and 1 pot rear is bigger and thus better than the 91 standard soarer V8 setup.
I think the soarer 91 also has a 2-1 setup.

I want to upgrade my 2-1 supra to a 4-2 and then use the 2-1 setup on my gfs 91 soarer and want to know if this is a good idea

i think you mean the non turbo supra. non turbos have the same calipers as the soarer (2 pot front, 1 pot rear) while the turbo has the beefier setup (4 pot front, 2 pot rear). Depending on the calipers conditions, i dont think there is an advantage in the non turbo calipers

Only the Supra TT has front 4 cylinder caliper, while the Supra N/A has the exact brake as the SC300 V6. The SC300 brake (only 2 cylinder caliper) isn't the same as the SC400, which is the Soarer V8. That means there're 3 different ones here. I don't know much about the Soarer TT V6 so I can't say. The best finding is to go to an auto part store and compare.

Since the Soarer TT has the same body dimensions and suspension as the Soarer V8, the Supra TT brake should fit. However, keep 1 thing in mind is that the Supra TT brake will need at least 2" of clearance between the caliper and the wheel. Also, the wheel will need to be at least 17". Check for more info at www.planetsoarer.com.

Another option is to run the Lexus LS400 V8 (I don't know what you guys call it in Aus) model 95 and newer. It also has front 4 cylinder caliper and is a direct fit. It's a little smaller than the Supra TT brake, but it's cheaper and still gives more bite than the regular Soarer V8. My friend swapped this in his SC400 and it bites a lot better than the stock SC400. It still requires 2" clearance. He's on this forum, too. He's the moderator JamesN.

you mean Inline 6

Also arnt the LS/Celsior calipers made of aluminium? Another plus for those concerned about unsprung weight.....
You're right. That's the inline 6. I think the LS calipers are made of steel because most import cars have steel calipers. There might be some exceptions, though. Larger calipers mean heavier weight, especially at turns. But I think most of us don't really mind since our cars are mainly for street and not track. I'd sacrifice the weight for the better stop.

The 95 LS400 calipers are four pots and are made from alloy , they have the same bolt pattern as Supra TT calipers so if TT Supra calipers will bolt on , then so will LS400 alloy 4 pots .

Attachments

• ls 400 ver2s.jpg
    ls 400 ver2s.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 22
You're right. That's the inline 6. I think the LS calipers are made of steel because most import cars have steel calipers. There might be some exceptions, though. Larger calipers mean heavier weight, especially at turns. But I think most of us don't really mind since our cars are mainly for street and not track. I'd sacrifice the weight for the better stop.

I'd do it for both the track and the street

confirmed that they are made of aluminum
http://sr1.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=242448&page=2&highlight=LS+Brakes+Aluminum :smoker:

dont know bout the Celsior though.....

If they're made of alloy, then that's good. I just researched and Wikipidea says alloy has better electrical & thermal conductivity, and stronger properties than steel. However, the calipers look like steel & heavy like lead.