Supra Brake

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
you will need Supra TT rotors to work with the Supra TT calipers...putting them on an SC requires no mods but removing the dust shield...

Me and my off colour questions.
Here it is , do you have any idea if the 98 and up rotors with teh 4 pot calipers have the same rotors as the Supra ones?
From what i understand my LS calipers are the exact same as the supra and want to be able to get supra 2 peice rotors if i can swap them out.
Hopefully you will know Lextreme as you know more about this stuff than i do being new on this V8 scene.
Thanks for having a great forum

I am not sure about 98 and up, but 93-94 rotors are slightly smaller then the Supra TT. I think the swapping of rotors should be ok.

Thanks
I am going to see if i can find a supra TT rotor and measure the top hat and diameter to see if they are the same.That way i could swap a nice light 2 peice rotor if possible.

Attachments

• sstt.JPG
    sstt.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 61
I just read a post on another forum that a company named "Turbonetics" turbo chargers and have designed a setup for the v8 lexus motor that is inferior to none. Has anyone heard of this company and products? Is this true? They are located in Sun Valley California. Anyone?

To Lex I see you have some silver lexus center caps on your wheels can I ask you where you got those, I have a black set, but want the silver?

I got it with the rims. There is a place in OC sell them online. I am sure they will sell the cap buy itself. Can u link us to the Lexus V8 turbo from Turbonectics?

I called them and I don't think so either, my bad. I appologize I just read that on another forum thread, next time I will research before posting. Again all apologies!

What would be the advantage, if any, to installing TT REAR brakes? Has anybody done this on their SC's? Or would just upgrading the stock parts be a better way to go?

I've upgraded mine all around. i can say I feel a difference, but really can't prove any braking improvements without tests, but i'm sure you'll feel a difference too!

The fronts make the most difference though, you'll love it!! David, now that I look back on this thread, you should have made a "lextreme" sticker and slapped it on your caliper!

Yea I definately think the fronts make a BIG difference. I'm just wondering if it's worth the effort and money to change the rear calipers as well. Also did you upgrade the master cylinder or is stock ok?
Lextreme,
Im assuming the caliper stickers are made of vinyl. Are there any heat related issues with them, or does it just not get hot enough? I've seen these before on Ebay, but I always wondered how well they would hold up.

Changing the rears probably won't gain you much. When you do a brake job, it's always the front pads that need changing. Matter of fact you can probably do 3 front brake jobs before the rears need it. That alone indicates that most of the stopping power comes from the front, not the rear.

Our Supra owners that change the fronts to a Wilwood or AP setup probably don't gain that much in stopping power, but are able to shed a good bit of weight.

John