• Procharger P1SC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vortech V2 S-Trim

• Others

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Best setup..here it is!!

Here is my personal setup on my black SC400 in the background

I am a little over your budget. Much more.. but here is breif on the top end of my 4.0
Port and polish heads - 3 months nights & weekends labor
3 angle valve job - precision surface grind heads & block - $9000

Replace existing manifold -- with - Fab'd supecharger intake manifold & throttle body adapter - 1 year

Terra charger super charger blet- pullys & accessories $250

Put in a pot and stir slowly.. .Add 50 HP NOS fogger kit via intake adapter... let simmer and assemble. Slowly remove about $8000 out of your bank account and it's ready to test.

500 HP out of a 4.o daily driver ??? NA!! can't be done right??

Lexus + $300

Not cheap?? Performance never is.
I've been dickin with Lexus sc400's since 1992
Great engine.. nothing for perfomance you can buy.
Fabrication is $$$$
Smartest thing I read here is when somebody said .. drive it first.
Want a daily driver??? then beware of the screaming whissle you are going to get out of vortec. WIll drive you crazy after about 50 miles on the road.
How much boost you want to run?? 8 lbs max. is best overall with this engine.
Pick a supercharger based on what you want to do with it (which is drive more than 5 miles at a time I assume)

Can you run 600 HP and 15 lbs of boost with this engine... yes...

In a boat or about 10 seconds. in a car..

then after you blow the head gaskets out of it. ( 4.0's weakest link) "About 20 minutes with copper ones" ( I've done both) you can build another engine all over again!

Which gets you back to where we started... not cheap..
Everything on a Lexus cost $300... ever notice that!!

Whipple vs Roots

Do anyone here actually have a Whipple or Roots (particularly Eaton 112) on the 1UZ in a GS400? Would like to know from real experience what it's done to the driveability of the car...

From what I've read, the Whipple is the best for overall power but has 1 major flaw - the intake air is always being compressed. This means that you're burning more fuel at low rpm (i.e. commuting) to match the denser air or you're leaning the mixture too far. This would be a significant concern if the car was used as a 'daily driver'. I know there is a 'by-pass' mechanism but this only compensates for having too much volume, not higher density, intake air.

Does anyone know where I can get a tried/true, complete SC kit that works well as a daily driver? My '98 GS400 bottom end acceleration sucks (0-20mph I get beaten Civics) and only when I hit 3K rpm does stuff really happen. Probably has somewhat to do with the fact I'm at 3800ft elevation but wanting more power at any elevation is never a bad thing.

I'm not looking for opinions on the subject but real experience from guys that have actually done the mod.

Newbie to the forums here but wanted to offer a lil insight...the roots and twin-screw are NOT the gas hogs at cruisin' speed that you might think. Even on my old '89 Super Coupe I got 23-24 miles to the gallon at highway cruising. With the bypass setup these incorporate, driving around town is just as economical too.
No...the MPG was not because it's a V6, it's because of the presence of a bypass system for "normal" driving.

hope this helps,

'bird