strength of auto tranny, 4,5,6spd

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

pres6

does anyone know how strong the 5 and 6spd auto tranny is? although i don'r really want an auto if it were a 5 or 6 spd it would be worth using the "tiptronic" paddle shifters. i know these transmissions are new but i am sure that one of you fine individuals must have an opinion at least... thanks in advance...

i am glad a great forum like lextreme exists, the people on this forum know what there talking about, and are really tying to advance these cars.
JC

Looking at the small size of the inpt shafts I don't see the box handling gobs of power.

I'm swapping to an old torqueflite and the input shaft is almost 50% bigger in diameter than the 340/341 shaft.

I think there was a post where the input shaft snapped recently on an LS400 that was not too highly modified and seized a diff with resultant trans damage.

ouch... i wonder if you can change the input shaft from a stronger trannt into the 6spd...it would just be very nice to have a 6spd.

These trannies have had over 400hp put through them regularly at the drag strip with a few aussies.
Quickest thus far is 10.70

As long as you keep the oil cool and replace it when it gets burnt it can handle a fair amount of abuse.
That said you have no idea how it has been treated in its previous life.