Short runner manifold

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
NICE!

keep us informed on the torque curve once you have it dynoed.

what do you expect from the rpm range, on the plenum vs the cams, would seem the cams will make it run out of breath sooner the the intake will now do...... what top RPM are you running anyway?

I will try and map all the way upto 7800rpm on the twin SC but have doubts about the stock duration/timing of the cams.

grtz Thomas

Hey Thomas,
Yup the cams will now be the limiter so i have a set of those planned from Kelford's...just something mild around 260deg total.

Stock cams are good for 6500rpm in n/a form where they start to nose over....boosted will stretch them out a bit but doubt it'll be worth running then to 7800rpm? At the track i have 7000rpm as my redline currently and doubt i'll lift it beyond 7500rpm even with the cams in the interests of keeping the stock rods in the block :)

Finally found some time to have a crack at MKII :)

I cheated a bit and have just used an off the shelf SC manifold and had my own plenum fabricated to bolt on. I was pushed for time as trying to get this sorted for the Toyota Nationals at Easter (need to defend my Top Toyota title ;-)) so i thi k there will still be a MKIII to come.

I used a Bullet SC manifold as it's already ported. Not as heavy duty as the Richwood version (which i also have) which could be a good thing as it's lighter.... but a Richjwood one might (?) be better for a high boost SC?

Well done Justen, you continue to amaze me, top work with the new manifold and a nice job on the welding - good to see you continue to push the curve on a stock motor! I'll be very interested to see the previous and current dyno curves overlayed!

BTW - did you buy the sc manifold from Bullet or did you source it local, I'm keen to get one for mine as that's an easy way to build a short and low intake? What are they worth?

Yup, they are low for sure.

I have a spare Richwood manifold with flange plate and TB plate i can do cheapish if you are interested?

The Richwood mani is a much more solid bit of gear which has it's pros and cons.....it does need some work with the die grinder though and i didn't have the time, hence i went with the Bullet one aftre a bit of searching. Tom was good to deal with.

Yup, they are low for sure.

I have a spare Richwood manifold with flange plate and TB plate i can do cheapish if you are interested?

The Richwood mani is a much more solid bit of gear which has it's pros and cons.....it does need some work with the die grinder though and i didn't have the time, hence i went with the Bullet one aftre a bit of searching. Tom was good to deal with.

Tah, I'm interested - I'll Pm you for a price.

Hey Thomas,
Yup the cams will now be the limiter so i have a set of those planned from Kelford's...just something mild around 260deg total.

Stock cams are good for 6500rpm in n/a form where they start to nose over....boosted will stretch them out a bit but doubt it'll be worth running then to 7800rpm? At the track i have 7000rpm as my redline currently and doubt i'll lift it beyond 7500rpm even with the cams in the interests of keeping the stock rods in the block :)

Hope you all the luck… it will be great achievement on the stock motor. :beerchug:

Time for an update.

I had a session on the dyno this arvo to finally tune the new inlet manifold. I was very happy with the results indeed. On 2 psi less boost (same spring pressure but flow is obviously up) it made 18rwkw more and at a much richer tune....11.3:1 versus 12.5:1. Ran out of time to lean it up, so some more gains to be had there too
smile.gif

It also maintained peak hp out to redline instead of rolling over.

If i find time before going to the ITBs i might get back out there and get the boost and AFR the same as the base run for a true rwkw comparo.....would have to be close to a 50rwkw gain
biggrin.gif

Your having too much fun, 50rwkw just from a lower manifold change.

Sure will be a great achievement.

It was fun alright. These engines just keep amazing me with how strong and how easy they make power. Top for the day was 333rwkw on just over 10psi...show me a 2J that'll do that ;-)

It hasn't made less than 300rwkw in years and has done many thousands of kms. Gotta love it :)

congrats Justin, nice achievement indeed!

keeps my hope up hearing your results as the runs on the mani must be more or less the same length on mine.

ps offtopic, I do have the mother of all spaceframes in Le garage at last! so the race is on to get it build before 1 may 2011 when new Euro5 emissions are becoming active!

grtz Thomas

Those numbers look great Justen, and congrats on your manifold!

The way that motor of yours keeps hanging together amazes me too. Says a lot for the stock bottom end.

All you need is a few of thoes Laminova cores in that intake and you set!

Nah front mount and WI is good enough. Intake temps are stable thru the whole boost range and i doubt any setup could outflow what i have.

I have actually seen some disturbing flow figures for a laminova recently....really really poor? 900cfm through empty manifold, 160cfm with laminova cores in place? I'm gonna reserve judgement until Thomas gets his setup running as this is the 1st bad result i have seen...credible source.