Project Thread SC400T (Lextreme's Version)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Steve that sure is a nice looking setup AND car. Something to really be proud of.

Attachments

• ZF.jpg
    ZF.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 16
man I would wish you guys would build another one, for a fair price...I know single turbo would be more than I could wish for.

Thank you gents for your nice compliments. Just a little story of proving the boosted 1UZ can be a beast. I just had a little race last night with the brand new IS350 that has the complete exhaust setup. I pulled away from him at around 20mph very quick to 80 mph. When I slowed down and looked at him, he looked so pissed with an angry face. I'm sure he thought "WTF, all SC400 are supposed to be slow and easy to beat". I was beaten by several IS350 before going boosting. Some of them were very agressive and always tried to prove their IS against my SC. You know like the mentality between a new car and a 13 years older car...LOL.

I was so exciting, went home, and checked on http://www.dragtimes.com/Lexus--IS350-Drag-Racing.html, and think my SC could run a flat 13 for 1/4 mile now. With 12 psi, I think I can run mid 12 or low 12 with a good launch. Please remember I have all the seats intact, a heavy dual 8" subwoofers, 2 amplifiers, and wider wheels. That's why 17 psi like Justen could run in the 11. I love the V8 so bad.

Whoaa there Steve...i ran my 11 on 12psi :) on street tyres :)

heading back to the track in a coupla weeks with some MT Street ETs....a 10 would make my year. I'll start on 11psi with the new intake manifold and see how we go from there.

soooooo, what about that manifold design? :wall: Any way you could make some more :bigok:
I could, and in fact I had a few interests. However, the requestors backed out because they thought they can have the whole complete running system for dirt cheap, such as around $1500 for free on labor and on some parts. LOL...:tongue:

I could, and in fact I had a few interests. However, the requestors backed out because they thought they can have the whole complete running system for dirt cheap, such as around $1500 for free on labor and on some parts. LOL...:tongue:

Not surprised to hear that Steve. My experience has been much the same. People wanting me to either make up a kit for them or help them make one, but for such little money it is not feasible to do it. That is why I only work on mine, and post up info that guys can follow to do their own thing.

People want to play, but they do not want to pay....

Ryan

Looks like I need to update my info a bit... however, this is a similar design to the turbo kits on the VQ35's in the 350z. I am kind of curious as to what is holding up your dyno numbers. The crossover pipe, what diameter is it? I don't really think it's the manifold design as guys make good power on log manifolds all the time. OH! T04, I got it, it's a pretty fast spooling, smaller turbo for the displacement. Got it!

Nevermind, re-read and answered my own question. Did you stick with the 2.25" in the final design?

Looks like I need to update my info a bit... however, this is a similar design to the turbo kits on the VQ35's in the 350z. I am kind of curious as to what is holding up your dyno numbers. The crossover pipe, what diameter is it? I don't really think it's the manifold design as guys make good power on log manifolds all the time. OH! T04, I got it, it's a pretty fast spooling, smaller turbo for the displacement. Got it!

Nevermind, re-read and answered my own question. Did you stick with the 2.25" in the final design?
It's a 2.5" for the main pipe that's before the turbo. The downpipe is 3" and split to a twin 2.25".

Steve, what did you end up with on the dyno? I know I saw it before but I can't seem to find it now. FYI, not looking for bragging rights or anything I'm just very curious to see how different setups compare to each other. I was hoping Scott would dyno before tearing everything back apart, just cause I wanted to know.

Have you been to a track with the car yet? If not, you should. If you can get your car weighed you can, IMO, get a pretty accurate estimate of your RWHP using the trap speed calculators.

Back when I was trapping at 106-107mph, the calculators were saying about 350rwhp and that is almost exactlly what I dynoed at. I have been trapping at 111-112mph lately :)scool: ), estimated 380-390rwhp by the calculators. One of these days I'll get back on the dyno to confirm. Gotta get the new setup (http://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...jection-on-supercharged-v8-coming-soon-4.html) tuned first though. BTW, my car weighs 3728lbs with me in it, a laptop and about 1/4 tank of gas.

KC

How goes your (monster in the making) project? Doesn't look like you've updated lately.

KC

Not a lot to talk about but I am making good progress. I am doing small fabrication, wiring, just trying to figure things out. Getting lots of stuff done and some of it is actually pretty cool. Should have some real progress to show soon.