Project Thread SC400T (Lextreme's Version)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Well done guys!! If the silicone hoses where black and shield completely over turbo with filter in inner fender or out of the way ? It would look very stealth...No one would know!!!

I like to have a little update. I really boosted my car last night. It's at a constant 6 psi. I thought I can initially boost it at 7-8 psi but I guess the pressure loss is due to the plumbing. It's not much boost but it drives like a beast. I'm really happy because there's no turbo lag whatsoever, and no other problems. The boost kicks in right away like a big N/A engine. The A/F gauge reads around 12 psi at WOT, 14.7 - 15 at cruising, and 17-18 at idle..Oh..Oh. I think it's normal. biggrin.gif I need to get the body fixed up and I'll dyno it very soon. I hope I can get ready for 12 psi in 2 months.

That's great that you experience no turbo lag what so ever...That must be a fun drive..

I spoke with your friend James yesterday whom has the 2JZ SC400 turbo'd sporting 325rwhp and he had told me that after driving in your Turbo'd 1uzfe Lexus Sc400 that infact your SC4 pulls much harder at launch then his... He was very impressed with your cars low rpm torque...He said your SC4 is faster on the lowend due to lack of lowend power the boosted 2jz motor provides in his car..... James, then told me most of his power comes on his SC at the higher RPMS and that is when his car really starts to pull though.....

Steve, it appears that you have arrived!!!!!! Congrates...

Ps, Thanks again buddy for all the boost tips you provided me in PM's......Very helpful info....

I like to have a little update. I really boosted my car last night. It's at a constant 6 psi. I thought I can initially boost it at 7-8 psi but I guess the pressure loss is due to the plumbing. It's not much boost but it drives like a beast. I'm really happy because there's no turbo lag whatsoever, and no other problems. The boost kicks in right away like a big N/A engine. The A/F gauge reads around 12 psi at WOT, 14.7 - 15 at cruising, and 17-18 at idle..Oh..Oh. I think it's normal. biggrin.gif I need to get the body fixed up and I'll dyno it very soon. I hope I can get ready for 12 psi in 2 months.

Congrats Steve, it sounds like you achieved just what you wanted. Gotta be a great feeling!

So many projects wind up as disasters, or money pits, or both, that it's always great to hear about a victory.

I test drove Steve's car too. It has a very nice pickup and a blast at mid range rpm. I can really feel the pull and it screem from 3k to 6k. Honestly, his car is much faster then my SC470 (N/A) right now.

Lex, I told Steve I am in on the next gathering with you guys...I gotta ride in these heaps and see how fast these SC4's of yours really are....I am so curious? I know I get all my power from 0-4000rpms with the TC and juice and then I experience noticeable letoff after that.....

It sounds like Steve really has his SC4 dialed in...AWESOME!!!!

Thanks to all of your nice compliments, gents...You seem like my long-time friends from the previous life. :lmao: I'll try to squeeze a few more psi out of the wastegate and see. The top of the wastegate has the screw that I can screw in and compress the spring, thus increasing the power. That's what I love about turbo.

Smith,
We will try not to spank each other. Perhaps we'll just pinch the rear ends...LOL. What's going on with your project? You gotta get it done and come join us.

So when are we going to see a dyno for this bad boy? Why did you choose to keep the stock header? I'm sure between you and Lextreme, I figured you two would be able to mock up a REAL manifold for us!

So when are we going to see a dyno for this bad boy? Why did you choose to keep the stock header? I'm sure between you and Lextreme, I figured you two would be able to mock up a REAL manifold for us!
I'm waiting until the body kit is done, then I'll dyno it. Keeping the stock header is to save the time and money. The reason is because it can give what I wanted. We'll think about making a manifold later on, but not now.

Turbo Rebuild

Due to the leak from the turbo, I took it down to www.turbonetics.com for a rebuild. I paid $300 and they replace the whole internals to specs. I put it on and ran the car today. I felt a huge difference in the response time. The second that I floored the car, the boost kicks in full at 6 psi immediately. It's so much more quiet than before.

Turbonetics warehouse has thousands of turbos and parts. They also have some huge turbos like a coffee table. I'm not sure how long my turbo will last but I think it'll last a long time due to their good reputation. They can also upgrade the turbos, too. I'm showing my turbo after the rebuild. It looks and functions like new. I don't think anyone can beat that price. Contact James over there and he'll help you out.

I just read this whole build and am very impressed with it. This is definitely something I would consider doing. I cant wait to see some driving videos of it and dyno numbers.

this is getting me more impatient with my fish kit. I hear its just like a single turbo just like yours steve but belt driven. After reading this thread I want to "get er' done" like ASAP because I have a heavy LS and it needs the pull. How many psi do you range when crusing at 75mph?? I was thinking about this today and figured at 2500 rpm you must have a decent amount built already w/o even really standing on it. anyway nice job great results!

this is getting me more impatient with my fish kit. I hear its just like a single turbo just like yours steve but belt driven. After reading this thread I want to "get er' done" like ASAP because I have a heavy LS and it needs the pull. How many psi do you range when crusing at 75mph?? I was thinking about this today and figured at 2500 rpm you must have a decent amount built already w/o even really standing on it. anyway nice job great results!
Get it done ASAP...LOL. There's no boost if I cruise at any RPM range. The engine is under vacuum instead of boost. But if I floor the gas, then boost is present. My car doesn't pick what RPM to build boost. It's more like instant boost. However, at higher speed (not to mention RPM) the car doesn't feel as much powerful as at lower speed because it only runs 6 psi. If I run 12 psi, then the power should be more felt along all speed.