Project Thread SC400T (Lextreme's Version)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
The dyno was 334 rwhp and 378 rwtq at 13 psi and peaked at 14 psi sometimes. I suspected the dyno machine didn't show correctly for that kind of boost. It's because I broke the tranny right after driving for a short time. Too much torques for the tranny to handle. I'll replace the tranny and take the car to another dyno shop.

I didn't have a chance to take the car to the track yet, but I'm losing patience on that. LOL

Hey Steve I had a rare chance to talk in person with Neil Griffith from RUSH imports and he was stating the 341e will take 400+rwhp if it's rebuilt with a shift kit and fittied with just a heavy duty truck t-cooler. Im guessing the future 4.7 will chew up mine as well lol

Anyone know where to get a shift kit for our auto?

Yeah. I hope that's what it should be. That's why I think the dyno shop that I went to didn't have the correct setup. My dyno result didn't look similar to anyone with the 1UZ setup for the similar boost.

The shift kit will be very jerky. I drove 1 and it almost broke my back. LOL. I don't think the shift kit will help to keep the tranny last, it'll just make the tranny engages in gear quicker.

True Steve, shift kitting the 341 will shorten shift duration and most likely add a nice kick in the ass to every redline gear change but thats exactly why it will save the tranny too.

By shortening the durations between engagements, the clutches won't slip nearly as much as our "silky smooth Lexus" transmissions were originally built for. This long delay at doubled horsepower over stock will cause the clutches to burn out very quickly. It's this time where all the torque is being forced onto the clutches, sorta like hot potato, better to drop it quickly rather than to hold it! My redline 4th gear shift seems to have a long lag to it and I know it's not good. So far mine is unopened at 209,000 miles (25,000 procharged) w/o any problems yet :wink:

I plan to have mine rebuilt with just a master kit and shift kit, oh ya and a Peterbilt tranny cooler with oem radiator-cooler after to keep within operating temps.