Recession hit home!!!!!!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Jibby,

How is your friend's experience with Curadebt? Bank of america has tripled my rate for no reason (on my part) and has received two massive bailouts!

I believe credit card debt and easy bank lending in recent past years is the main culprit for this recession... I have a friend with $75,000 worth of credit card debt that he can no longer pay back because he too had to shut down his furniture business and go out of business.... He was considering filing for bancruptcy but decided not too...

The credit card companies are suffering big time right now, because there is really nothing they can do to collect their money owed to them... They can damage your credit rating and keep the debt balance showing for years on your credit reports and that's about it.... Credit card companies usually don't pursue judgements against you in most states, they also cannot harrass you for too long either as you can send a letter saying "don't contact me anymore" and legally they can't, and that includes collection companies hired by the credit card companies themselves....

Also, once you default you can hire a debt consolidation company to assist and negotiate down your total debt with all the creditors..My friend is working with one now called Curadebt, but has to wait three months until all his credit cards go into full collection...At that point the debt consolidation companies can negotiate down the debt with each creditor as much as 60%-70% off the original balance..No interest with very small monthly payments are then agreed upon in writing until the balance is paid off in full.... The kicker is if you agree to this, your credit ratings are not totally destroyed, balances on the credit reports will show them being paid off in full......It's just crazy....

The credit card companies go for this as they know they cannot recieve money back any other way... If they don't agree down the debt balance it basically never gets paid back or even worse bancrupty can be filed and then they lose everything..

Our government and legal systems here in the USA really protects the consumer is so many ways... When my friend explained all this to me I was shocked...

As I said credit card companies have reduced my limits for almost no reason, and I think that is a direct result of many people defaulting on their credit card debts... I also had extremely high limits too..

I am curious as to what the future holds for Credit card companies... We hear alot about home forclosures but not so much about credit card defaulting...

My friend defaulted on all his cards...He has not been paying on any of them in over three months.. The curadebt company will come in later to negotiate down his debts if he ever gets back on his feet.. He's a good guy in a bad financial situation...

To my suprise the creditors can not attach his wages and or real property to collect the credit card debt owed.. This is why the credit card companies are willing to settle for less then half the debt once the account is turned over to collection.. They also settle in fear of future bancrupty in which the debt is never paid back... However, my friends credit is now completely ruined until he eventually settles and pays off all his credit card debts in full..... I believe it will always be a little damaged, not sure....

He now uses his bank card only for credit and debits. He tells me there is really no need for credit cards anymore.. As bank cards work the same as credit cards and actually better for managing your budget.. I have to agree with him on this....... It all seems to be working out very well for him in this tough time....

Unfortunately, these types of situations really press the credit card companies to raise interest rates for people like you and me... The credit card companies are hurting for sure as my friend is not the only one defaulting during this time...

My Bank of America credit card is changing all the time, credit limits and interest rates... I'm about to rip that one up as it appears to be very unstable.....

Its kicking hell out of everyone as far as I can see. Some friends work for JCB building excavators in the UK and jcb are shedding jobs left right and centre. The last round of cuts the MD of jcb came on the tv and said they have full order books, need all the people theyre letting go but all the people who have placed orders for new excavators who have work waiting for them can't get credit because the banks have stopped doing loans.
So the other day the gov in the uk announced some scheme designed to get the banks to loan again, theyve already bailed them out, but now theyre having to do these measures too. Hope it works.
Same scenario as the car lot guy at the top, people want the cars but cant get the finance.

I work in IT, every day I log onto one of the IT news sites and see 2000 jobs gone here, or 4000 jobs there. The other day google fired all its recruiters after finishing all its contractors a short while back, and shut some of its services (google notes and a few less notable ones) to tighten its belt. If the 400lb mountain gorrila Google is feeling the pinch, everyone is...
The company Im working for at the moment shed 8000 staff just before xmas and its still chaos working out who covers what out of the people who are left, with contract renewals in a few months where it probably will start again.
On the plus side, whilst we are currently converting a barn to a house and need funds for materials, we have no debt or mortgages at all. We have another property locally and although the value has fell through the floor in the past 6 months a tennant just signed a 3 year lease on it which should see us through the worst of this and the money will go part the way to fund the materials, then hopefully if they don't re-lease we can sell it at a reasonable price, although we're hoping they do...
However if my current role does go, ill be back to living out of a bag round europe and seeing my family every few months, Ive got a couple of open doors for me with past clients but building work on new place will grind to a halt, as Im the sole builder on it evenings and weekends and certainly can't afford to pay some "artisan" to renovate it/drink tea/get drunk at dinnertime on my $.
When I first started in IT after working for years in mechanical trades, suddenly I had money and credit card companies loved us. We bought a expensive (to us) house in sussex england on the commuter belt so I could work in london with 2 hours train ride a day, I rented a industrial unit to play with my cars and bikes in at the weekends and life seemed good. Then a year or so later the last down turn hit, work dried up and we still had huge outgoings on mortgage and cards. By lots of working away and selling our house in sussex at a small profit and buying a ruin outright to renovate (see leased out house above), we somehow managed to dig ourselves out the hole we'd made with all that credit within a few years without any help from anyone, but it was *hard* going to work for all that time and not be able to spend on anything. So this time round, we're prepared...
I spoke to someone in the uk the other week, she was a sandwich packer in a factory but had just been given her notice, and her words were "Ive had to cancel the skytv package and Ive switched providers for gas and electric and save £200 a month on the switch". I don't think we've ever paid 200 a month for our energy bills and we've never had sky satellite tv because its so damn expensive (£60/month). But thats what living in the UK is about, having lots of credit, living beyond your means and closing your eyes, which is why they're getting hit harder than the rest of europe.

MrFluffy - Your story is like many others... I'll I can say is hang in there buddy and learn from this experience as I have..

It's funny, years ago there were times when I made a great deal of money too, when I ran a used car lot myself and bought and rented out income producing properties...I made thousands and thousand dollars a month at times...I thought it would never stop so my spending habits increased as my net income increased... At one time as a single man in my late 20's I gave up a nice rent controlled 2 bedroom apartment near the beach for $700 a month and bought a home down the street that cost me $2500 a month.. Instead of saving $1800 a month I was now finding ways to spend it... Life was good... However, eventually the income decreased but the spending and fine living habits of mine never did...The squeeze was on... I think that happens to alot of people... I just think it is so important to live within your means always... The smart ones understand the good money times will come and pass at times so they prepare......

I failed to do that in years past... At 40 years of age now I finally woke up and smelled the coffee... You know I thinks it harder to have money at one time in your life, live grand, then loose it and be forced to live meagerly, then to never have money at all and always have lived meagerly ... This world can teach you a harsh lesson at times...