What needs to be consider whit an engine swap?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Maracon

Hello

When installing a engine to a car that it has not been stock. How important it is for the drivesafth, that how high or low the engine sits in the new car? If totaly new drivesaft will be installed, does it give litle play for the angel it will be installet the engine and diff?

I'm making new enginemounts for my 1jz -> 200sx swap. Was thinking that is it ok if I sit the engine on little bit of plywood and then attach big enough metal sheats to the engine and the crosmember, and the just weld them together whit some metal. After thay are stady enough would take the them out and cut the extra metall of and the mounts stronger if needet by weldin some more matall to it. I just don't gnow is there eany specigications to the thicknes of the plywood I need to use.

Grats

If the original motor and trans are still in there, measure where the centre of the crank pulley is in relation to the chassis rails (it'll be dead centre, but what about up and down wise. Same goes for the gbox output shaft.
Normally you run 2-3deg angle on the driveshave for longevity.

If you use 10mm plywood/mdf that will be plenty strong enough to make up mock engine mounts.