Project Thread Project SC400TT

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
That will be one nice looking SC when you're done Ryan. But get that puppy running and on the dyno! We're all anxious to see what another TT 1UZ setup will put out.

Autronic SM4 is finally back. It was delayed for almost three weeks while the eprom was being changed and reflashed. Unfortunately, I had to cancel tuning more than once because of this, and now my tuner will be out of town for the next two weekends, so I am 3 to 4 weeks before the car is tuned. This set me back about 7 weeks....

Part of the deal when it comes to customizing a performance car. If nothing else delays, I will be driving it this April.

Ryan

Hello John thanks for asking. I have not installed all of the interior because if I need to wire something else after I start tuning, I don't want to remove the interior again. So that is left, some brake tweaking, finishing the water/meth install, another change for the better in the wiring of the relays to my fuel pumps, wire in my fogs (I but the hard part is done), re-paint the trunk and the driver side fender. install the bumper and the hood. That's about it. Really not much. I am working on some of it this weekend. I will be adding the new Cal File to the upgraded SM4 software tonight and starting up the car. I am curious to see how she runs.

I will let you all know.

Ryan

Anybody have the ability to convert a .VOB file and upload it to YouTube? I cannot get it done. I have a new video of the car running and want to post it up.

Thanks,

Ryan

Second Start Up

Here is a link to the second start up with the V109 software from Autronic and a modified Cal File. It sounds pretty good now, especially after warming up. It is still running rich, but not nearly as bad as before. It is ready for the pro tune next. Probably within a few weeks, as I have to coordinate with my "Tuner". ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJHD32EN06w

Ryan

Last edited:
Hello Chris. I have not seen a post from you in a very long time. I hope all is well with you in Chicago. Thanks for the kudos. It sure hasa taken stick tuitiveness to get to this point.;)

We have had two non dyno tuning sessions so far, and it is coming along well. We have faced a few challenges as well, which seems to be the norm when a project such as this one is built:
  • Engine temp went up to approximately 200 degrees farenheit, and determined no water was flowing between radiator and block. I have since remedied this, but stil need to start up and run the motor to be sure.
  • I can't start up again until tonight as my Optima yellow top crappedm out and dropped to 8.6 volts a couple of days ago, even though I had the battery on a tender. Dropped it off at Batteries Plus for a thorough charge and check, which takes 3 days. If bad they will replace it under warranty today.
  • DEFI gauges are not functioning properly, but after intense research earlier today and trouble shooting with the dealer, I believe it is user error.:eek: When I hook up the battery, I will try a few steps and I believe this will resolve this issue as well.
  • Idle tuning right now, and so far, car cold starts right up, and idles at 750 rpm very snoothly. Still working on tweaking this and with the stepper motor settings to force the IAC valve to go to it's lowest settings and function properly with accel and decel of the throttle. Thank goodness for Scott Davidson and his knowledge of tuning, as he is tuning my car. Also Autronic has been an absolute wonder and extremely helpful on the phone several times to assist us. Thanks Ian Hamwood from Autronic.
  • Not going to tune any further until I am sure DEFI gauges are functioning properly, as I need to know EGT's and oil pressure. Fuel pressure is set to 43.5 PSI.
I will hopefully be able to drive this car on the road this month.

Ryan

looks good ryann--keep it up..

Last edited:
Just FYI only certain battery conditioners/tenders work on Optimas. If you use a Battery Tender brand then the plates will crystallize which screws them up quick. : \

Defi gauges are now functioning properly. It was the freaking fuse. It was not pushed in all the way.:22: Unbelievealbe that I missed that. Anyway, all is well there.

The water is now flowing through the radiator. But found the weld around the water neck attached to the thermostat housing is leaking so I will have to have that re-welded.

I will now clean up the wiring inside the cabin, mount the two stand alones permanently, and then install the interior back into the car next weekend. Car is ready to finish tuning and start driving. Finally! I think I am really seeing light at the end of the tunnel.

Ryan

Can't wait to see the finished product. :) Sounds like your troubleshooting skills are improving by leaps and bounds. I hate simple solutions after I've been anticipating complex faults, but it's good that you found the bug.

Hah..hah..Interesting...The first carbon fiber remote. :D

Steve, thanks.

The remotes come with the Clifford G5 alarm system. I took the remotes, opened them up, removed the key chain and epoxyed the actual Lexus Keys into the remote. I had to remove the plastic key fobs from the actual Lexus keys and then hacksaw off part of the metal end of the key so it would fit into the remote. I used a special epoxy so the key can handle the torque from twisting it when opening a door or starting the car with the key, even though that isn't needed, as the remote will open the car keyless, and remote start the car as well. I wanted the remote to be integrated with the key so that it takes up less space in my pocket, and and so the key will look like an OEM upgraded key or perhaps a "Special Edition" key package from Lexus as an OEM option.

The Lexus Logo is an actual Lexus Key Fob logo, that was removed from actual Lexus keys and attached to the front of the CF remote.

I am also having individual "form fitting" leather pouches made for each key which will open in the front of the pouch to access the remote buttons. This should keep the keys from getting scratched up, and still not be bulky in my pocket. I only want one bulky thing around my front pockets, and I was born with that permanently attached to me :D:rolleyes::eek::cool:

Ryan

Last edited:
I am also having individual "form fitting" leather pouches made for each key which will open in the front of the pouch to access the remote buttons. This should keep the keys from getting scratched up, and still not be bulky in my pocket.
Ryan

And I thought I had a terminal case of A.R. :eek::D

Those are O.G. !!!

Thanks spf. :cool:

And I thought I had a terminal case of A.R. :D

Yeah, John. You should ask my immediate family and close friends about me....Sometimes the descriptions are O.C., perfectionist, along with A.R. :rolleyes::cool:

Ryan,
I know you're a man of perfection, but my neck is getting too long to see your car tuned and boosting. LOL.

Steve, so is mine....If my tuner can make it, we will tune tomorrow.:eek:

Ryan