Project Thread Project SC400TT

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
It has been awhile since I posted up any news on my car and my progress, so here are some pics and some news. As you know, DC has my car, and Mike Young is making all of my plumbing out of stainless, and larger to handle the extra boost. I have also changed my turbos to larger Twin Borg Warner S256's with polished stainless steel turbines and polished aluminum compressors. These will flow 58 lbs per minute. They are still small turbos, but they are the largest of the small turbos that BW makes. I got these through Bullseye power. Dave is a great guy to work with there. These use a different flange than the Garrett GT's I had on my car.
Anyway, here are a few pics of the collectors and the drivers side header. Mike was unable to make the 4 into 1 header fit, so he built a 4-2-1 design, and these fit perfectly.
Here they are:
sc400tt10-1.jpg
sc400tt14-1.jpg
sc400tt18-1.jpg
sc400tt19.jpg
sc400tt20.jpg
sc400tt24.jpg
sc400tt25.jpg
sc400tt31.jpg
sc400tt32.jpg
sc400tt26.jpg
sc400tt27.jpg
Ryan

This time the weld looks better than your previous weld. But I have to vote for your patience and dedication. :hail: If I'm in your situation, I can't start from almost the beginning...

Attachments

• Fuel sizing (Medium).jpg
    Fuel sizing (Medium).jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 6
Gang, here are pics of the passenger side manifold, it is tacked and almost completed. I also have pics of the new Borg Warner S256 Stainless Steel Turbos, polished. Making good progress.
sc400tt37.jpg
sc400tt36.jpg
sc400tt35.jpg
sc400tt38.jpg
sc400tt39.jpg
Hopefully, this project will be running by the end of July, 2008....
I am very pleased with DC's work...
Ryan

This time the weld looks better than your previous weld. But I have to vote for your patience and dedication. :hail: If I'm in your situation, I can't start from almost the beginning...

Thanks Steve, my patience has run thin....not with DC, just with completing this very long project...:bling:

Just bought this set up new...This is going into my project car as well...

b562_1.jpg

I am going to be enjoying the NAV, stereo, and the DVD's I can watch...
Ryan

Gang:
Here is a further update. Finally, we are making some serious progress. I actually am beginning to think that this car will be complete and running soon...It is exciting. I apologize that you have to see some of it being rebuilt, almost like watching the same movie twice, but some are worth it, you know? DC does some awesome work...
More pics of the passenger side header:
sc400tt50.jpg
sc400tt51.jpg
sc400tt52.jpg
sc400tt53.jpg
sc400tt54.jpg
Notice the quality welds and beads that Mike lays down...sweetness, pure sweetness:)
More coming...
Ryan

Last of it for now...
sc400tt63.jpg
Here is the Seibon CF Hood, thanks to Mars Audio, care of Mr. Marshall Woolford. I decided to buy the OEM matched hood and custom vent it, instead of buying the Seibon vented hood which was not to my taste. These are genuing Aston Martin Vents from the DB9 that I bought brand new, and powder coated them in gloss black. The hood really needs to be vented to keep the heat flowing out so that I do not melt all the plastic and rubber under the hood. Thanks again to DC for their patience in working with me and my perfectionism in getting the placement of these just right. Also, thanks to Pedro at Powder Coating Specialties for getting the coating just perfect, and turning them around quickly with very little notice.
sc400tt64.jpg
sc400tt65.jpg
sc400tt66.jpg
Enjoy, caus I am...Stay tuned, you haven't seen anything yet...
Ryan

Hello Gang: DC has made much progress in the last many days, and I am posting up their progress on my project. They are actually farther along, but expect more pics next week. We are getting near the completion.

sc400tt83.jpg

sc400tt87.jpg

sc400tt89.jpg

sc400tt88.jpg

sc400tt93.jpg

Ryan

I used to work at Driven Concepts, was a short stay but fun, i hear there has ben a lot of changes over at that shop. the cars looking good. i hope you take it to a tampa area meet before takeing it back to orlando, i would like to see it in persion.