powersteering leak

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

WDoherty

So i went to replace my steering rack this past weekend b/c of a wet boot and losing fluid and find out it is actually coming from what is i think the high pressure fitting or hose close to there. I remember when i changed the pump 7k miles ago i had to tighten really connection really tight cause it leaked the first time and then i thought it had stopped, but maybe not. Also, i think the previous pump on there did the same thing, b/c it also was grinding and had very few mile on it and a lexus dealer had put it on, but i don't remember if i noticed the wet steering boot end. Could there be a problem with this fitting? Might i need a whole high pressure hose and if so, does someone know where to get them cheap. The only ones i have found are like 300 or 400 or more dollars for a hose! The whole steering rack is cheaper than that. I wonder if a custom hose place could make a custom one cheaper?

cool, i'm back at school, but i might know someone that will let me use their shop, hopefully i can mess with it more this weekend