SC400 or Soarer without Powersteering

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Anyone driving around without powersteering in their SC400? I am thinking about removing it and put a turbo there along with removing the AC compressor. I wonder if this worlth the deletion.

LEX my boy, I suggest you start pumping some iron and maybe even take a cycle of steriods before you delete the PS.... Turning the wheel from a dead stop will take some serious muscle....

A/C deletion are you crazy Dave, are you feeling well? You better have your wife check your temp, you maybe delerious.... LA heat in the summer can be rude...no amount of power is worth giving up my AC...Well maybe not any amount of power..

.:stooges: This is new and I think it is the three stooges, but could also be Manny Moe and Jack?:slaphappy

Ya man start pumping them weights! I drove a Camry with a deleted P/S one time. It didn't even feel good lapping backroads. I wouldn't want 2 think about what one of the bigger LexiYota's feel like without P/S!

My suggestion, is if steering input is that big of a deal, start modifying/replacing what ya have!

i know what it felt like in my sc400 when the pump was not working and man, i don't think you want to deal with that. I have a 2500 pound celica that never came with powersteering and that is some work as well and i weighed the celica and the sc on the same scale. The celica was 2540 and the sc400 came in at 3780 and your adding 80lbs of iron block and probably another 80lbs of turbo system. I wouldn't do it.

I don't see it would all too difficult if you adjusted the caster angle to lighten the load.

Toyota set the angles for the best steering with assist.

What would work without it?

I just lost my A/C on my SC400 just the other day...Busted a freon leak just behind the top right part area of the engine... Re-filled the freon thinking it was low and the gas just eased out, I actually thought I had a NOS leak.....A little upset about this repair as it is not the easiest job to fix...However, I Need the A/C just like I need the power steering....Windows tend to fog easy on these SC's for some reason..

Is anyone bold enough to drive a Lexus without the power steering and or A/C?

Deleting the P.S. pump?
I had driven a '86 Honda Accord with a broken P.S. pump once. I don't know how much the car weighs, but it's a small 4 cylinder. Steering it was terrible. It took a lot of energy and muscles to turn the steering wheel in the parking lot. However, it's easy when the car is already running.

Deleting the A/C pump?
This depends on where you live and where you work. You may be able not to have it if you're not in Central L.A., O.C., or any desert areas...:saeek: :firedevil:

You're the hardcore, David! Your survival skill will be greatly improved with the nature if you decide to do so. :hail:

i completly removed the ps from my supra, its not a problem, i use the car mainly for drifting, its a little heavyer but its ok, my 240 i have no fluid in it untill i can get around to getting a new high pressure line. its not a problem tho that car is kinda ment to be my comfortable car i will not remove it

i would suggest removing the belt and driving around for a week you wont like it at first but if you get used to it after a week you have adjusted and should just take it all out, if after a week its still a pita put the belt back and keep it.

I've mainly driven cars that weigh 800-1000Kg's with and without power steering, its do able but anything low low speed is quite heavy and any fast track handling with heavy cornering was quite difficult as well.

That saying you don't want over powerful power steering whilst racing I guess. Anyways I have tried to turn a car that weighs between 1200-1400Kg without power steering and it was a pig to manourver at all :S

I wouldn't recommend it based on that experience but the more technical minded might have ways around the problem.

Lex, NO A/C in the LS...Are you nuts?

Hope you wear extra deoderant on those ever so hot days.:crazy: .Maybe even carry an extra back up T-shirt just incase...Leather and heat is a wicked combination for wetting up those T-shirts on the long hauls..

Heck, The poor wife and kids...I can only imagine those family LA to Vegas road trips in the LS during summer......I am getting heat stroke just thinking about it...:angryfire:

Survivor man series on the discovery channel should seek you out for a future episode...You are truely Lextreme...:afro:

SO is anyone driving around an SC400 or Soarer without powersteering? I would think with the SC400's being as heavy on the front end as they are, you would need to Arnold Shwartzenegger in his prime to turn the wheels at stand still... Tight parallel parking could get challenging...

May get a good arm workout though....

Lex, you live inland with no A/C you are crazy...Man, hope you bring a change of shirts and deoterant with you...You could get ripe cruising around for a while on a hot day... Although, I am pretty sure you already sold that LS4 of yours..