output shaft mounted handbrake?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

69international

when i'll be putting the 1uz and auto in the truck, one problem
i'll encounter is the handbrake.
the dana 80 has not got the handbrake on the rear drums but relied on a drum setup on the output shaft on the trans.
i know that the crown has a sliding yoke to suit live axle applications but but feel that the donut setup would suit this better because it doesn't slide(correct?)

in saying that, has anyone got any mounting ideas for the irs boxes handbrake? will be using a disc setup.

also what are the chances of converting a crown box yoke to not slide? and is the crown yoke designed to take a uni directly or has it got a 4 bolt flange?
obviously i'll have the sliding part in the shaft itself.

cheers all
jason

Search 4x4 Sites for input on Disc drive shaft handbrakes. There are plenty of them out there and they are all mechanical.

You can convert the Crown to the donut drive but it would probably be easier to swao the trans to the LS type.

You may have trouble with sppeed sensors.

To swap from slide to fixed you will need to replace the output shaft as the Crown one is too short and doesn't have any means of retaining the donut.

the brake mech itself is not a problem, real question was just the possibility of converting sliding yoke to fixed. like the crown option of half cuts due the seperate ecu's and log extractors(even with the restriction)