Gearbox Output Shaft

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Alan Whitaker

Hi All,

Can the output shaft from the gearbox be removed without stripping down the box down, I am talking about the output flange which connects the box and rubber coupling and shaft together, I ask has I need to have a custom prop made and they need this shaft to mod, Picturs to show what I mean

Thanks for any help..

Alan

Attachments

• DCP_3175.JPG
    DCP_3175.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 112
Yes. I have a deep reach 34mm socket to undo the big centre nut. First remove the rubber coupling and you will see the nut. There is a centre locating shaft in the centre which is why I have the deep reach socket. We generally cut the centre locating shaft off and used to cut it off to allow us to undo the big nut before we got our deep socket. I have some photos of the flanges we do. Be careful not to damage the little seal in the flange. It stops oil leaking down the spline. Any photos you want I have a few boxes part at the moment. Cheers

Many Thanks

Hi Gloverman.
Yes I would very much like some pictures if you don't mind, I need to have a new prop shaft made and they need the gearbox output shaft.

Many Thanks

Alan

Just to clarify. You can remove the tailshaft flange but not the output shaft. I have a couple of photos at home which should be enough for you.

Also have a look here as I have some related photos

http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14138&highlight=oil+supply

When you have the flange off be careful you dont lose the rear shim.

You can see the centre locating rod which makes it had to get to the nut. My deep reach socket and rattle gun overcomes this problem easily.

The last photo shows one of the flanges we have modified. In fact I keep them in stock now we do so many.

Hope these help.

Attachments

• camera clean work july 2011 339.jpg
    camera clean work july 2011 339.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 44
  • camera clean work july 2011 337.jpg
    camera clean work july 2011 337.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 46
  • camera clean work july 2011 338.jpg
    camera clean work july 2011 338.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 42
  • hiace auto 007.jpg