older 1UFZE into special

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Kreb

Pondering the idea of putting the Lexus engine into a tube-frame custom - imagine a modern rendition of a car somewhere between a Lister and a Lotus eleven. Don't think that I'll have the needed cash to do justice to the engine right off, but I'm curious how cheaply one could get the drivetrain running in this application, presuming that later on better engine management and turbos would be added. Specifically:

-What is the budget bellhousing option to mate a 5 or 6 speed up?

-Standalone engine management. I've heard that I could plug in a chip from a NZ Crown. Are those readily/cheaply available? Or should I just jump up to a Wolf or megasquirt?

The rest should be fairly generic: custom headers, motor mounts, cooling and fuel supply.... Or are there any other specialty items I'm forgetting?

I'm guessing with this modest setup I'd have around 200 HP and 220 ft. lbs.? Plenty enough to start with a 1600 lb. vehicle I recon.

Thanks guys.

What you are planning to do is quite similar to my own project.

I have got a mid-sump 1UZ, a W57 and '92 Supra front and rear sub-frames and suspension.

At the moment, I am designing the spaceframe chassis to fit everything in.
The end result will be a bit like an over-sized Lotus 7.

Attachments

• Intake 7.JPG
    Intake 7.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 45
  • oil pan 3.JPG
    oil pan 3.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 45
I have a similar project as well.
Space frame chassis similar to original Triumph Spifire chassis, but lengthened and widened. SOme of the original sheetmetal from the Triumph is still being used. Most went the scrap bim as new bit are being made. Should be able to run the car minus the body when I'm done. Using a Richmond six speed manual box and custom flywheel behind the engine.

Steve-o