1ufze manual flywheel and UN1 questions (please help)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

striker

hey all,

first post here, great forum!

can anyone tell me which manual gearbox flywheels fit the 1ufze?

I would preffer the 3sgte one because the clutch plate diameter is the same as a renaulty UN1 R25T transmission.

will the starter in the valley, arrangement still work than??? I need that because the UN1 doesn't have place for the starter.

regards Thomas

ps working on a totaly bonkers midengned project, since my 4age powered sylva striker is completly finnished.

Hey Laine and Lambo,

7.5 inch is to big for the R25/21 Box so that's not an option.

I've allready e-mailed with Dave Short about a week ago, but he didn't awnser yet.
Í'm also looking into the possibility of making my own adaptorplate, get a CAD drawing from it and having it plasma cut, which aint that expensive for a one off.
problem was/is the flywheel, and I can't really make up from the awnsers if the 3sgte flywheel fits the engine and will work with the starter in the valley,
Lambo only pinted out that dave shorts system works with the stock starter position,..... so does anybody know, or am I being stupid and not reading well (dutchie over here!)

I would also be very interested in some measure-ments of a UN1 box, I know a v8 lying around which I can measure up, so does anyone have a UN1 lying around which the would measure up,
I need to know the length of the primari shaft towards the bellhousing face,
And I would like to know the diameter of the belhousing vs depth, so when the flywheel fits the adaptorplate/bellhousing, it's not the clutch presure plate which touches the inside of the bellhousing at the edges, (from pictures the UN1 Bellhousing doesn't seem very deep, and I know a 3sgte presureplate is quite thick) I hope I can work it out with the thickness of the adaptorplate vs primari shaft length.

hope you can help.

regards Thomas

Hey striker.

I'm doing a 1UZ-FE conversion at the moment into a rear wheel drive application, but I'm using an early 3S-GTE flywheel, the ring gear is exactly the same and it slides onto the crank alright (slightly tight but not to bad), the only thing is the bolt holes need to be slotted about 3-4 mm. So long as it's the flat flywheel and not the raised mounting type you can also use a 4WD hilux deisel pressure plate but again you need to slot the hole a very slight amount (only about .5 - 1 mm). I'm using this pressure plate because it's a cheaper option (in NZ it is anyway) and has a pretty high clamping force. Hope this helps in some way.