not idling or reving correctly

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

dar_sbb

i have just installed a 1uz into a toyota surf. the switches on fine but the idle is not constant. As in, it just goes up and down, up and down... not like its missing, just up and down in sequence.

When i rev it or go to drive it...it will only rev to around 2 -2.5rpm and then it starts to choke and miss...

is it something to do with the ecu or other? it is running the standard ecu.

thanks guys

is yr air flow meter working ok

do uhave any air leaks

a bad air flow will usually cause problems at 2500 rpm

or if u have wired it incorrectly u can get a 2500 rpm rev limit

theres a way around that

what gbox did u use

surfs are a pain in the butt last one i did took ages getting everything to wokr properly

had probs with feedback thru overdrive button

and another 1uz in a surf i did ages ago they used the surf auto gbox and there is no way if getting auto to kick down cause the surfs autos have their own ecu and are stupid hehehehe

hahaha

im using the r150f supra manual box.

i will drive it again today and see when the limit kicks in as the rev counter isnt working atm.

i had a electrician do the wiring so im not 2 sure.

i will pull out the afm and give it a clean and see what happends

The engine will rev up and down for a bit as that's likely the idle control circuit calibrating/setting the idle for the first time. If you've got air leaks though it won't be able to set the idle properly.

Also check for error codes.

is yr air flow meter working ok

do uhave any air leaks

a bad air flow will usually cause problems at 2500 rpm

or if u have wired it incorrectly u can get a 2500 rpm rev limit

theres a way around that

what gbox did u use

surfs are a pain in the butt last one i did took ages getting everything to wokr properly

had probs with feedback thru overdrive button

and another 1uz in a surf i did ages ago they used the surf auto gbox and there is no way if getting auto to kick down cause the surfs autos have their own ecu and are stupid hehehehe

it does look like its rev limiting to 2500rpm...

i opened the afm and it is completely different to my 200sx, i dont know how to clean it... or even check if it needs cleaning and its just a plastic rod.

i will try run the for error codes and see what i come up with

First check you have 12volts at the diagnostic box. Then with a test light connect the light between B+ and W. Then bridge Te1 and E1 and count the flashes of the test light. Long flashes are 10s and short are 1s. cheers

no powe to diag box means no power to wires on idle motor

thats y u have idle probs maybe but it doesnt power much else except for the auto

another thing to check is see if one wire on the air flow has 5 volts

the air flow doesnt run on 12 v only 5v think its a blue red wire

and measuring it doesnt work like yr 200sx air flow they work in a totally diff way

take it back to the auto electrician

when i do these and there is a problem i fix it or i dont give car back till its perfect

cant believe so many dodgey dumb shops do work and charge a shitload
for work then had the car back with these problems

the air flow meter wiring should not be touched unless a wire got cut that should not have been cut

but try another air flow see if that fixes problem

if you want drive it up to sydney and ill fix it heheheheeheh

im doing a 1uz in a surf in 2 weeks but will use the surf auto and surf auto ecu so will sit down and try get the 1uz ecu to talk to the surf auto ecu

as ive had probs with runnign the surf autos but this time i will actually sit down and try work it out

if i try to drive it up it might take a week... lol

i'll check the afm metre when i get home.

i tried unplugging the afm and turning the car on but it was barely running... so it looks like its doing something...

I just got my supercharger and I have similar problems.. My car has a fairly decent idle but with the occasional jittery idle. But the hard part is when you gas it up over 2000rpm.. the car jumps... and cant make up its mind REALLY BAD. I was told since its freshly built system that its my air/fuel not properly regulated. I am doing research on this but it don't know maybe your problem is just a bad air/fuel ratio?? maybe piggyback tuning or something?

listen to sideshow and take it back to the auto sparkie. You back to have it wired so let them have a go at sorting it. They will need to look at the diagrams very carefully to get it right. Cheers

well with a bit of searching on site, via nemisis' info and planet soarer i think i might have found an issue with it. The ICV has no power going to it. Im going to pull it apart today to have look at it and see how its goes. To make sure, its the black round thing just under the toyota symbol on the intake manifold yeah?

If this isnt working would it cause the motor or ecu to go into limp mode?

dont pull it apart yet

cherck for 12vs to the 2 black/red wires when engine is running

if this has no power then yr auto if u r running an auto wont have power either and same goes for your purge valve and some other sensors

now u know why i hate dodgey workshops that do dodgey wiring and wont fix it cause its too hard and they just pass the buck

and then u gert ther idiots on forums begging for help

just makes me pissed off when people ring up and ask for help over the phone

anyway im offfff

What engine are you using.

I came across this the other day with an engine some one else wired.

Only supplied power to one of the two sources needed on the ECU.

Exactly the same symptoms.

I have blocked the icv and its no longer hunting... drives primo except it still doesnt rev past around 2500rpm

one thing i have noticed today and i hope hope that its the issue is:

i put a timing light to the plugs and noticed that only the cylinder on the right back near firewall (looking from front of car) will make the light blink... the other leads do not at all. When i hook it up to the left side, only 1 lights aswell... but very much faster than the other one. Is there a special way to check the lights or do u guys think it might be the dizzy giving me dramas??

ive had people fit rotors back to front but if anyting was wrong with leads or dizzy it would have a miss all the time

its in limp mode there are afew things that cause the 2500 rpm rev limit

bring car to me and ill fix it