newbie with a question

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

ckarl0

I'm new to the forum and planning to buy the AFE stage 2 CAI at http://4wheelonline.com since the offer is good. I was wondering if anyone here has this kind of cold air intake. How do you like it and how's the sound? I'm not expecting huge improvement but I just want to know if this can boost the horsepower even a little. By the way, I have a 07 4runner 4.7L. Thanks for any help.

Post a link to the one you are looking at. Not the homepage of the webpage. Basic rule of thumb on a good CAI compared to a bad CAI is simple. If the air filter is open to the engine compartment and can pull engine compartment air then its crap. You would be better off with the factory air box everytime. If it is shielded from the engine compartment heat and pulls air from outside the vehicle then it is going to be a bit better than the factory air box.

After that there are a number of differences to make good CAIs better than others. Anything that insulates your intake charge from the heat of the engine compartment is good.

Jake